Main Menu

Window won't roll up

Started by erik70rt, June 17, 2019, 06:20:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Recently my pass door window stopped rolling up.  It goes about 2" and then binds/gets stuck.  I looked and the hardware and found a few broken parts so replaced the ones that I could, but it still gets stuck. 

Any ideas what it could be or suggestions on how I can get the glass out with it down in the door? 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Rich G.

It's usually the plastic guides that slide in the track that binds up. If they're not broken you can try hitting it with some spray lube. Make sure the broken piece that you replaced isn't stuck in the teeth of the regulator.

erik70rt

Checked the teeth and didn't see any problems.  Also lubed the tracks.  No movement.  Looks like I'll have to figure out a way to take it all apart with the glass down.

Chryco Psycho

if you car remove the 2 bolts through the glass you can separate the the glass from the mechanism & if you remove the upper stops you should be able to remove the glass from the door then you can work on the mechanism

RJChallenger

Have you checked the short track, that acts as an anchor to force the window up or down. Some times that roller or plastic guide gets stuck in its track. 

erik70rt

Got the glass out last night.  The culprit was the upper window guide in the front track broke and was binding when you tried to roll it up.  New hardware kit is on the way! 

Thanks, everyone!