Main Menu

How much will it hurt ?

Started by js27, June 17, 2019, 08:52:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I have a friend who may sell her 69 Cuda. It was her dads car which he gave to her. It is a nice looking car. Fourmula S with  the 383-console auto. Vin number is there but no fender tag or build sheet. How much would that hurt the value ?? I thinking around 30% plus making it a bit harder to sell. What do you all think ?
JS27

70 Challenger Lover

30% seems like a pretty big hit. I was thinking more like half of that. Sounds like a great car even without a fender tag.

6bblgt

don't know why, but '69 a-body Formula S (even with a 383/auto) are pretty low on the desirability scale even well documented

what color combination is it currently / was it originally?

js27

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 17, 2019, 09:28:12 AM
don't know why, but '69 a-body Formula S (even with a 383/auto) are pretty low on the desirability scale even well documented

what color combination is it currently / was it originally?

It is like a B5-I believe it is the original color-but without the fender tag or build sheet--who Knows ??
JS27

70 Challenger Lover

In my view, the less desirable the car is, the less of a hit you would take on the lack of a fender tag. People who want the car would want it because it's cool and fun, not for the investment factor of it. I've always liked those cars.

RUNCHARGER

Trouble is: It maybe not be the difference in value but some people (and they are the ones with the $$$) just plain won't buy a car without a sheet and tag. So it can be a matter of selling it or not.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

At least B5 is a great color for the car , serial # will confirm it is a 383 S at least .