Main Menu

Opinions..Will doing front disc brake conversion hurt value?

Started by GrandpaKevin, December 27, 2017, 01:21:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Install front discs, you may be grateful you did someday..... :andyangel:

RzeroB

As a side note, I had a 440 powered '69 Dart bracket racer that I initially went all manual drums on under the premise that drums have a smidgen less drag than discs. The car went low 11's on it's first pass and I remember standing on the brake pedal with both feet trying to get that thing to stop before I ran out of track!  :o  After that excitement I converted the front over to discs and breathed a whole lot easier at the end of a pass.  :haha:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

HP_Cuda

With newer cars all around you with ABS, I'd say it's pretty much a necessity now.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

71GranCoupe

GrandpaKevin

Thanks for all the replies.

I won't be able to do the conversion until spring as the car is buried in the back of the garage.

I'm going to start ordering parts next week and run up to Fine Lines soon to pick up new brake lines.

I still have all the receipts and part numbers from the wife's disc brake conversion although her car also got QA1 upper control arms, PST tie rods, and all new ball joints and was converted from manual to power steering with new power steering column and rebuilt stage 3 steering box.

Chryco Psycho

My 440 Duster running mid 11s never missed the first turn off from 118 MPH using the factory 4 piston kelsey hayes discs  :bigthumb:

1 Wild R/T

Opinions..Will doing front disc brake conversion hurt value?

IMO allot less than tapping the nose of the car... 8)