Main Menu

1970-Ucode-Banana-project

Started by Ed, October 17, 2019, 06:19:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ed

Was going to start a thread of our progress on the project.    We found this matching numbers 1970 ucode rtse Challenger down the street after a storm  blew the tarp off.  Had been sitting since the 80s.   Just in the tear down process at this time till the 69 Camaro sells and I build the shop at our new place closer to where I work.  WE have lots of questions to do it correct.   

Ed

Just some more pics

nsmall

:bravo:  well played Ed, congratulations.   :bradsthumb:

Ed

So I tore front end down.  I blasted the parts and epoxy primed.  Now I want to do the correct colors.  these are a few pics of front ends I took from the net.  The pink Challenger was mine and I used Gold hammered paint on the half of lower control arm. It looked great  but it was not a restoration just wanted it close.   One has cast upper control arms one has a goldish tone.  Also  what all got painted black  like strut bars  sway bar mounts  hardware ect.   

Ed

one I did   not correct  but looked good.    before and after   with pic of control arm.

Cuda Cody

Ed

Just started watching your videos on how to restore hardware last night.  Thanks

Ed

Motor had spun rod bearing but not hurt,    all tore down and stored,  In information gathering mode.  Current project runs and drives  just have to finish up.

Wayne

Great find, congrats!  How are the floors and trunk?  That will be a sharp car when done :ohyeah:
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

benlavigne

Again, great project!
C15 belts, on the Fender Tag!

Ben

76orangewagon

This picture should help answer your front suspension correct finish also the picture you have of the lower control arm with the orange paint daub is from my car and I used Krylon Battery Protector to try to achieve a believable Cosmoline dip finish. 

Ed

Quote from: 76orangewagon on October 18, 2019, 02:22:38 PM
This picture should help answer your front suspension correct finish also the picture you have of the lower control arm with the orange paint daub is from my car and I used Krylon Battery Protector to try to achieve a believable Cosmoline dip finish.

Thank you so much.

Ed

I will replace floors and trunk but I have done that many times.  Frame rails are good and extensions ect.    :banana:

Ed

Starting on steering Column    who Restored these steering wheels ?  Can I do it myself?   Also is the center 3 spoke plastic normally that far from the outer wheel.   I have it apart  blasted and in epoxy  ppg dp.   All the new parts I can think of but new steering wheel.

Ed

new switch wiring has better wires   but turn signal sw has wrong color wires but usable.  Including correct for 70.