Started by mopartaz, September 29, 2020, 07:11:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

cuda hunter

That is one awesome looking car. 
Not a huge green fan but with the green interior, the dark green exterior and that cool gator grain top that car really pops! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Few details corrected. Polyglas tires, and that would be a heck of a car ! Really decent price too... :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Bossgold

Great Story....I tried to buy this car. It was on eBay over the memorial weekend several years back. The listing had no reserve, and it was to end Sunday evening in the middle of the holiday. Had sold 3 previous times and seller kept putting it back up for sale. I called and asked why and the seller stated that people were bidding and winning but not coming up with the full payment after the set time.  I watched all weekend.....and 30 minutes before the car listing was over it was sitting at $ 43K....no Joke. I was starting to panic cause I liked the car but knew nothing of it....until later. Five minutes left and the auction was still in the high $ 40's and I knew this was a bargain. I decided at the very last minute to snipe the bid and go for it so with 30 seconds left I put in a bid for exactly $ 50,100 . Car was sold and I was out bid by a few hundred....I was pissed! I called the seller again to let him know if it fell thru I'd take it.....he was so distraught cause he thought it would go to $ 70K. Later, a member here and on facebook saw the car in person. I told him the story .....he said it was a good car but the pictures did not tell the fuil story. Maybe I was lucky, don't know but I still have the Ebay Picture listings and VIN number. That was my first run at trying to buy a 1970 Challenger T/A. 7 T/A's later never have gotten one by just dumb luck, going for color over value, Timing and T/A's that are missing alot. I ended up creating a Library of cars  and this group seems to keep coming up for sale....hhmmm interesting. The picture is of the VIN from several years ago when it was on eBay. BTW, A lot of these cars I have followed all sold within the low to middle $ 50's with the exception of the go mango 4 speed NOM out of Minneapolis. But that car was gorgeous.

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Bossgold on October 04, 2020, 07:23:02 PM
Great Story....I tried to buy this car. It was on eBay over the memorial weekend several years back. The listing had no reserve, and it was to end Sunday evening in the middle of the holiday. Had sold 3 previous times and seller kept putting it back up for sale. I called and asked why and the seller stated that people were bidding and winning but not coming up with the full payment after the set time.  I watched all weekend.....and 30 minutes before the car listing was over it was sitting at $ 43K....no Joke. I was starting to panic cause I liked the car but knew nothing of it....until later. Five minutes left and the auction was still in the high $ 40's and I knew this was a bargain. I decided at the very last minute to snipe the bid and go for it so with 30 seconds left I put in a bid for exactly $ 50,100 . Car was sold and I was out bid by a few hundred....I was pissed! I called the seller again to let him know if it fell thru I'd take it.....he was so distraught cause he thought it would go to $ 70K. Later, a member here and on facebook saw the car in person. I told him the story .....he said it was a good car but the pictures did not tell the fuil story. Maybe I was lucky, don't know but I still have the Ebay Picture listings and VIN number. That was my first run at trying to buy a 1970 Challenger T/A. 7 T/A's later never have gotten one by just dumb luck, going for color over value, Timing and T/A's that are missing alot. I ended up creating a Library of cars  and this group seems to keep coming up for sale....hhmmm interesting. The picture is of the VIN from several years ago when it was on eBay. BTW, A lot of these cars I have followed all sold within the low to middle $ 50's with the exception of the go mango 4 speed NOM out of Minneapolis. But that car was gorgeous.

So you're saying you wouldn't pay $65K for this one now?

Bossgold

No..not saying that, $ 65K is a relative term. Color is important. If it was Black - Yes. If it was completely restored with all of its parts from an original brake system to engine and a 4 speed - maybe. But I Can go thru at least 6 T/A's that were up for sale and if you  remove the auction and dealer fees, the quality of the paint job, the missing parts, and the documentation were they $65 K cars. No. I can list at least 4 in the last 6 months from Cars On Line, to FB, to Hemmings and other avenues of selling that they advertised in the $60's and sold for $ 49,500 to $55 K. And they were all 4 speeds except for one FK5 burnt orange that was all original for sale last month. It was an auto but all original and sold for $ 50K - listed $ 55k( https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/103347). I even called the seller after the fact - the car went to Huntington Beach CA. So am I careful on how much money I spend, I physically inspect the cars, and wait for an opportunity....yes. This car up for sale right now, I have a lot of the documentation so short of getting on a plane to re-inspect would I give the asking price? well that's a good question but I know what it sold for back two years ago so I know there is a lot of room to move.

anlauto

It's obviously hard to determine a cars value with a couple of internet pictures. I still think good quality, documented, number matching cars are fetching a good dollar.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

This car is a couple of towns over from me if anyone is interested in it. I've never seen it at any shows or on the road.

Bossgold

Bossgold

No, the seller to me he sold it to a buyer locally who wanted the gator grain top. Seller mentioned a lot about the car so it helped to add to what I already knew about the car.