Main Menu

Unusual 71 Challenger N96

Started by 1 Wild R/T, February 20, 2018, 08:37:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

superdave

Wow, that looks like a good buy!!Any interior issues would be tough to address with that color. I love the '71 R/Ts. 8)

cuda hunter

That's awesome! 
Not a gold car kinda guy due to having waay to many pontiacs n gold.

But that ride is just awesome !! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

HP2

Very pretty car! Not often you see an N96 small block.

anlauto

Very nice car....ditch the wheels... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on February 21, 2018, 07:20:47 AM
Very nice car....ditch the wheels... :alan2cents:

I agree, Mag 500's would look good.

76orangewagon

I have been looking for pictures of late build 71 shaker car with the Blue motor...nice to finally see one. Weren't all 71 shakers bubbles Black or was that a Cuda thing ?

6bblgt

I think what actually ended up on a '71 e-body was almost a free-for-all at the factory, they would've needed inventory on 14 different SHAKER assemblies on the line for the available SHAKERs 'cuda / Challenger / Challenger R/T

I haven't seen any proof, but I think original intent was:
'cuda (BS) with argent grill = argent SHAKER (340, 383, 6bbl, HEMI)
'cuda (BS) with painted grill = black SHAKER (340, 383, 6bbl, HEMI)
Challenger (JH) with argent grill = argent SHAKER (340, 383)
Challenger R/T (JS) with black grill = black SHAKER (340, 383, 6bbl, HEMI)

anlauto

Seems like there's a lot of documentation and history with this car.....so maybe someone knows for sure how it came.... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Hey Dan, the broadcast sheet color-codes everything right down to the horn button ... is there some where on the broadcast sheet that would, or should, indicate the color of the Shaker if so equipped??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

6bblgt

no, there is nowhere on the b'cast for: SHAKER color, grill color, tail panel color

it wasn't a choice - it was model based

RzeroB

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 21, 2018, 01:57:55 PM
no, there is nowhere on the b'cast for: SHAKER color, grill color, tail panel color

it wasn't a choice - it was model based

Thanks.  Seems like that left a lot to chance with those assembly line workers though. I wonder if it might have been annotated somewhere ... like on the big "checker-board" chart that was taped to the windshield as it rolled down the line?

On cars with Shakers, were the Shaker bubbles pre-assembled on the engine assembly before the engine and body were mated together, or was it after?

All these "mysteries" as to how things were done still amazes me being that with such a huge operation as it was, I would think that some form of standardization documentation would still exist somewhere to be found.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RUNCHARGER

Great looking car. Those wheels would look good on a, well I'm not sure what they'd look good on.
Sheldon

Brads70

Cool in a quirky kind of way. "Strawberry Shortcake" is still my favorite "oddball" combo. 

RzeroB

Quote from: Brads70 on February 21, 2018, 08:53:57 PM
Cool in a quirky kind of way. "Strawberry Shortcake" is still my favorite "oddball" combo.

??? Is that the Red over Cream V02 Shaker Challenger???
Cheers!
Tom