Main Menu

1970 challenger a pillar molding question

Started by Yeya93, October 21, 2020, 01:45:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

Hello everyone. I am in search of a passenger side A pillar trim for my 70 challenger. I have a guy selling his with the same part number, but the hole location is different from mine. Did all a pillar trims have the same part numbers? I just don't want to purchase an I correct molding. Thanks for any help provided.

Mine is the burnt orange, the one I'm interested in purchasing is the white one.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

JonH

Someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in but I am pretty sure that 70 is one year only and that is why the holes are in a different place...

Yeya93

Tha la for chiming in, I think you are correct. But his piece has the exact same part number mine does. Just wasn't sure if all 70-74 used the same part number?

anlauto

Quite common to use the same part number with revisions along the way...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yeya93

Thanks for the help @anlauto . That's what I thought. I guess that trim is no good for me then.

Fastmark

Are you looking for a burnt orange 70 model? I may have one.

Yeya93

@fastmark  yes I am looking for a 70 challenger passenger side a pillar molding. I don't really care for the color as I am going to be dying mine black.

anlauto

If you want black, why mess with old brittle originals, just buy new ones from TONY'S PARTS....he's the only one doing the correct 1970 hole locations :twothumbsup:

https://www.tonysparts.com/e-body-parts
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yeya93

Yea I was considering doing that. But my driver's side is in great condition. If by chance someone has a passenger in similar condition, I would be interested.

318Stroker

Quote from: anlauto on October 22, 2020, 06:11:16 AM
If you want black, why mess with old brittle originals, just buy new ones from TONY'S PARTS....he's the only one doing the correct 1970 hole locations :twothumbsup:

https://www.tonysparts.com/e-body-parts

Since you brought up brittle, what's up with the brittle ones and the soft pliable ones? Years ago when I was selling E-body parts, most of the A-post moldings I found were flexible and almost indestructible. But occasionally I came across some very hard and brittle ones that would break when you looked at them wrong. They were definitely made from two different recipes of plastic.

R/T's 4 R/P

The trim with the higher hole showed up for 71.
However, I have seen that the higher mounting hole in the body was in place by April built cars. They actually had 2 sets of holes.
So, in reality, if you have a later built car, you could use the 71 style trim.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT