Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT Door Panel Clips

Started by kent_goins, September 02, 2018, 12:54:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

So....I am looking for some of these door panel clip retainers for my 1970 Challenger RT project. They are around the inside edge of the door and hold the clips which snap into holes in the doors. These original "clip retainers" are heat pressed into the plastic around the inside edge. Obviously not a great design but in the spirit of trying to stay original....I need 12 more. Anybody have any suggestions of how and where to find these?

KG

Cuda Cody

I've had to buy old garbage door panels just to get usable clips.  I think the new reproduction panels come with clips.

anlauto

I sold a couple of sets of door panels at Carlisle this year for $1.00 each.....I think Cody is right, you need to look for some junk panels to buy..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kent_goins

71vert340

FYI. Those same clips are used on the plastic bottom half of the 71-74 Charger door panels ( maybe Plymouth ones too) which may be cheaper to buy junk panels. On the ones I have off my 74 Chargers right now, there are 8 per door panel.
Terry

kent_goins

RJChallenger

Are you still looking for these clips, I have twelve

kent_goins

I did indeed find all I needed from some old beat up door panels...thanks!

KG

anlauto

What's your plan for reattaching them ? Just a good glue ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kent_goins

so far Gorilla glue is the plan :dunno: Was considering heating them and sinking them into the plastic similar to original. I think the Gorilla will work well though...any better ideas