Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger SE door reflector

Started by 70/6chall, August 31, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

I have One only 1970 Dodge Challenger SE door reflector w/ bezel. How hard are these to come by as an OE piece? The chrome bezel is clean, but has some pitting could use replating. The plastic reflector is also nice outside of a couple of small scratches, don't have the screws for it. Mopar p/n 2879660, would like to sell it. Thanks,   Al

Challenger in NC

I had purchased a set of SE door panels but one of them was missing the reflector. It took me a couple months to find a replacement, one of the members of this site had an extra he sold me.

750-h2

Those are not cheap to replate.  Recently had one plated at a cost of $210.00  :crying:

Challenger in NC

Quote from: 750-h2 on September 01, 2018, 06:28:39 AM
Those are not cheap to replate.  Recently had one plated at a cost of $210.00  :crying:

Wow. For the amount of chrome present on this part and the location its in,  I'd be tempted to try chrome paint.

70/6chall

Purplerain

I know this am old post, I'm just hunting for a door panel reflector, only one needed, I'll start a new thread if necessary. Just wanted to reply to see if you still have that reflector. Thanks

YYZ

The reflector itself is almost certainly used on another Mopar model - probably a late-'60s C-body or a wagon.

For the bezel, it may be better to have a copy 3D printed -- then simply polish and/or plate it as needed.  And it will never peel.

Purplerain

Quote from: 70/6chall on August 31, 2018, 10:52:14 PMI have One only 1970 Dodge Challenger SE door reflector w/ bezel. How hard are these to come by as an OE piece? The chrome bezel is clean, but has some pitting could use replating. The plastic reflector is also nice outside of a couple of small scratches, don't have the screws for it. Mopar p/n 2879660, would like to sell it. Thanks,  Al
I'll take it! I know the post is old but have to ask!

70/6chall

Sorry gang you're right it has been sold. Good luck with your searches they are hard to find.   Al