Main Menu

1971 Challenger dash And Components Re-Installation

Started by Daveh, November 09, 2017, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys, 

I'm ready to assemble and install the entire dash in the 71 Challenger.  I had the dash frame powder coated, rebuild the heater-A/C box and cleaned all of the duct work and wiring.  I have a new dash pad from Dave to install.  I have the emergency brake pedal in the car after being refurbished.  I have the accelerator, brake and clutch pedals in.  They are new also.  I also have a new emergency brake cable and speedo cable installed.

My question is what is the correct sequence to reinstall the entire dash?  I have the dash frame out of the car on a jig so I can put it all together out of the car then have a helper install it.  What goes on the dash and what goes in the car before the dash?  I don't feel like missing something out of sequence and then have to take some of it apart to correct.  I'd rather do it right the first time.

Thanks for your help

Dave

anlauto

EVERYTHING should go on the dash as an assembly first. EVERYTHING should go on the firewall first.

FIREWALL:
E Brake
Clutch/Brake pedals
Gas pedal
Upper cowl Insulation (shoddy pad)
Firewall Insulation
AC box
Kick Panel Insulation
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Spikedog08

Always exciting getting the control center back in the car!  Pictures?
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Daveh

I was going to use my imitation Dynamat instead of the Upper cowl Insulation (shoddy pad).  Any objections with doing that? 

RUNCHARGER

Nope: I do the same although it isn't right if it's a true restoration of course.
Sheldon