Main Menu

1971 Challenger Rear 1/4 Window Regulator Spring W/Pics

Started by Daveh, November 04, 2018, 11:46:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the Rear 1/4 Window Regulator Spring for the Passenger side of my 1971 Challenger .  I have power windows.   I looked on EBay and couldn't find anything but I may not have been using the correct terminology.  Thanks

Dave

Daveh

No one has any suggestions on where I can locate this spring?  I figured they would be a dime a dozen somewhere.  Thanks

Dave

anlauto

I have a dozen, but I want $0.20 sorry.....

Just kidding.....I'm wondering if there's a left and right spring ? .....I just looked through my stuff and I don't have any extra rears. :bye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 06, 2018, 07:57:48 AM
I have a dozen, but I want $0.20 sorry.....

Just kidding.....I'm wondering if there's a left and right spring ? .....I just looked through my stuff and I don't have any extra rears. :bye:

There is no l/r version, you simply install the spring with the other side against the regulator....

I've used springs from different model cars, close enough.... Your just trying to offset the weight of the window......  If you want good working power windows relays do allot more than that spring.....

anlauto

Makes sense, but you could put them on backwards then  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 06, 2018, 08:26:13 AM
Makes sense, but you could put them on backwards then  :thinking:

Yup... And if you do it tries to push the window down..... Making the motor work even harder to close the window....

Daveh

I have the relays also.  I've seen some on eBay for other cars just not the right length.  Plus there is a complete E-body regulator that I could buy but I can't see spending $210.00 for it.  One will turn up somewhere.  Thanks