Main Menu

70 Challenger inner door panel pull cup assembly

Started by GerryThal, August 17, 2024, 02:56:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GerryThal

Hello guys, I could really use some help with assembling my inner door panel pull cups & brackets on my 70 Challenger. It seems that the pre-drilled holes in my pull cup "bracket" aren't lining up.. are all E-body brackets the same?      I have included photos - Thank you in advance :)

RJChallenger

Have you tried switching the pull cups from one panel to the other. I believe they are specific side to side

GerryThal

Thanks for the reply RJChallenger, They are different, and I did check & line up the cup with the two mounting holes and "lock shaft" to ensure I have the correct cup

GerryThal

I found this photo in the forum from 2017, and he is NOT using the 2nd hole in the pull cup bracket (circled in red)

GerryThal

:thinking:  I was wondering if I need to cut a slot in the plastic door panel and carefully drill a hole in the pull pad as indicated in the attached photo??

R/T's 4 R/P

As shown in your other 8mage, there is only a single screw used to hold it in place.
The 2 screws that are fastened through the cups into the door are all that hold it all together
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

71vert340

Here's a photo of the pull cup assembly from a Challenger door panel I have.
 Terry W.

bdschnei

As someone else has pointed out, don't get too hung up on the screws that hold that bracket in place. As long as you can get a screw or two in to hold the bracket in place so the two main screws that attach the cup to the door frame line up that's all you need. Once those two main screws are installed that bracket isn't going anywhere.
Bret

GerryThal

:thankyou:   Much Thanks to all the guys who chimed in, and especially for the photo verifying the photo I had found    :ohyeah: