Main Menu

70 non ac heater box

Started by 70rtse, January 04, 2023, 05:56:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70rtse

Hi guys can any one tell me if I put the white rope caulk in the groove under the heater core?

And do I put the screws in like I have in the picture to hold the heater core  of from the bottom

Also what is this gasket used for.

R/T's 4 R/P

The gasket is for the motor to metal plate.

Yes, the rope caulk goes In the groove.

The only screw that holds the core to the box before assembly is that small plate you have between the tubes.
The screws go from the box half into the core outside flange. Then assemble the box halves with the clips.

Does that make sense?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

70rtse

Yes it makes sense thanks

I just noticed I am missing the hook to hook the box onto the cowl pannel

Would I be able to make something up
Was planning on installing the box soon

R/T's 4 R/P

Sure...but you could also put out a wanted ad.
There are plenty of boxes that are trash and someone may have an extra arm support
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

FE5CUDA

Quote from: 70rtse on January 04, 2023, 05:11:40 PM
Yes it makes sense thanks

I just noticed I am missing the hook to hook the box onto the cowl pannel

Would I be able to make something up
Was planning on installing the box soon

https://vansauto.com/product/70-74-e-body-heater-box-j-bolt/

Van's made the hood, however, you have to bend the flat where the bolt is since it's not correct.  Really easy to do if you know how it is suppose to be as shown in the photo.

B5fourspeed

I have a hook if you need one

70rtse

drew43a

i just got done installing mine and its a little tricky to get the hook right.  The screw goes thru the heater box hole and then screw te bracket on.  The entire hook ends up inside the box. screw the screw to the bracket just enough to go thru the hook tab. and no more.  to much you wont be able the get the hook over the cowl edge where it hooks. if you go to little the hook will rotate on you. that tab fits into a pocket so to speak. Then i left the 3 nuts a little loose  but enough to pull and hold the box up. then i reached in between the cowl and gasket and used a hook tool to pull the Hook towards the glove box you should here it snap over. tighten the screw as much as you can before pulling your hook tool out. then tighten it the rest of the way without pushing on the heater box( or the hook will come off)  the finish by tightening the 3 nuts  under the hood.