Main Menu

71 Challenger dash/interior identification

Started by CookieMan, March 23, 2023, 03:27:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CookieMan

While looking at my 71 challenger interior something felt ... off, so i want your expert opinion identifying what my dash and crush can are from because I'm pretty shure they aren't OM.

First lets look at the dash (pic 1) by the passenger model logo i believe that 71 had the little "plate" and not the chromed letters and also the dent kinda looks like it could spell barracuda or is it just my imagination ? could one even fit the 70 barracuda dash inside 71 challenger were they the same ?

Next lets look at the crush can (pic 2,3,4) i don't know where that's from but i want to know ... so ideas ?

Some clarification looking at the fender tag for my car the interior was blue which i can see from the seats since they are painted black but on some areas the blue comes trough and also from some other interior plastics. I'm pretty shure that the dash fell apart or something and whoever did the "restoration" threw some mismatched parts together like the center console is definitely black as well as the dash.

Also i would like to know how did the interior trim come from the factory did they also paint the plastics in whatever color the customer ordered or ... ?

VCODE

70 Dash Pad, emblem goes into that area. 71 is a square emblem.
The can is for a aftermarket added steering wheel, not from original cuda.