Main Menu

71 Cuda Interior assembly questions

Started by slimpickins, June 26, 2020, 12:16:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

slimpickins

I'm in the midst of reassembly interior on 71 Cuda and could use some input from the experts:

Does OE style headliner insulation stop at each side of roof center support or go over top so that front and rear pieces contact each other? Any pics of OE insulation installed would be great.

Any pictures of these two parts installed.  One is the bracket that is used to attach bottom of rear side panels. I think the other is a wire loom clamp but not sure.  The rear floor was replaced on my car and there are no . Unfortunately for me I didn't take enough pictures during disassembly

anlauto

Here's the driver's side one....I think the one pictured is a passenger side one..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

oh...in 1970 there wasn't one on the passenger side....but here's the other bracket in place
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

slimpickins

Quote from: anlauto on June 26, 2020, 12:30:51 PM
oh...in 1970 there wasn't one on the passenger side....but here's the other bracket in place

Thanks, I believe you are correct, if memory serves there were no wires on the passenger side of this car but the clamp was in place.

Any thoughts on the headliner insulation ?

JS29

:welcome: @slimpickins  What are you working on?  You could go to the new members section and introduce your self, And your project.  :handshake:

Burdar

Those longer straps are meant to hold the back carpet in place.  The original carpet would have had an oval eyelet installed that the strap goes through.  Most replacement carpet doesn't come with those eylets.

slimpickins

Thx, been lurking for a long time...

Car is 71 Cuda 340 4spd clone.  Been working on it for about 20 years. Finally getting to the good stuff.

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on June 26, 2020, 01:14:51 PM
Those longer straps are meant to hold the back carpet in place.  The original carpet would have had an oval eyelet installed that the strap goes through.  Most replacement carpet doesn't come with those eylets.
Correct....I remember upsetting Dave from ECS when he brought out his "exact" carpet that didn't have the brass loops.... :haha: :haha:

anlauto

The headliner insulation is two pieces front and rear :alan2cents: 

DMT Supplies the best insulation in my opinion  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: slimpickins on June 26, 2020, 01:34:11 PM
Thx, been lurking for a long time...

Car is 71 Cuda 340 4spd clone.  Been working on it for about 20 years. Finally getting to the good stuff.

Looks great....I love 71 Cudas :drooling: