Main Menu

74 Challenger sail panels

Started by 74 rallye, March 10, 2018, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

For anyone who stumbles across this thread, know this, Burdar is one heck of a guy.  Very helpful and knowledgeable.   :wave:

anlauto

Some jobs are better left to professionals,  :alan2cents:  but here's a tip:

Once you remove your rear view mirror, sunvisors, shoulder belt clips, shoulder belts, coat hooks, etc.....replace all the screws/bolts into their holes but don't tighten. After the headline is all nice and tight and glued in place, you can feel around for the screws, poke the screwdriver through and remove the screws.....now you know where the parts go  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Quote from: 74 rallye on March 12, 2018, 05:41:51 PM
Thanks, lots of good advice and ideas there, now for my next question, how many of these little guys are there supposed to be per side? I don't know what happened to the ones that came off the car years back

Needed extra & picked up something similar at the Ace Hardware http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1292722
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

74 rallye

Thanks again for all the replies! I will look into the clips hopefully I will get to work on it soon
The only easy day, was yesterday

dodj

The way you have it bunched up across the car is the way it will be before you cut the 'loops' where the listing wire goes. You will need to cut them back to allow for a wrinkle free installation. Once cut back, you will be able to stretch the fabric across the car. The clips you posted a pic of (two per side)will hold the fabric side to side, while you then stretch it front to back. Once you work it a wrinkle free as possible a hair dryer will remove the remaining wrinkles.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

74 rallye

Thanks, if I can swing the time this weekend I will try it out, pictures to follow
The only easy day, was yesterday