Main Menu

74 Cuda seat belt guide bezel - rear interior panel

Started by cudabin, January 18, 2023, 07:26:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudabin

Anyone have a pic of the backside of the panel showing the location of the hole that accommodates the seat belt guide bezel and the hole's relationship to the defined area designated for the those optioned with ash trays?

anlauto

Could you get rear ashtrays in 1974 ? I thought once they moved it to the back of the console in 1971, that was it for rear side mounted ashtrays ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on January 19, 2023, 05:40:20 AM
Could you get rear ashtrays in 1974 ? I thought once they moved it to the back of the console in 1971, that was it for rear side mounted ashtrays ?

I would be surprised of you could...there is not room form the with the seat belts coming through the panel.

I believe the ashtray was relocated to the center console, at least that is where mine is.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

cudabin

I wasn't implying that the ash tray option was still available for 1974. I believe the back side of the rear interior panel would still have the defined location (raised perimeter edges) for the ash tray, similar to the optional power window switch location. Was wondering if the seat belt bezel hole for the 1974 model over lapped the previous ashtray location. Thinking the same rear interior panel was used for all model years and the holes cut as needed. Anyone with pics of an original 1974 panel with the seat belt bezel hole.

moparroy

IF you are still looking for this info - does this help? Sorry did not see it earlier
I believe the white panel would be one of the originals from my '74 Cuda - originally a white interior - later painted black

cudabin

Thank you moparroy! That was exactly what I was looking for. You wouldn't happen to have any extra seat belt bezels where the belt passes through the panel?

anlauto

Quote from: cudabin on February 07, 2023, 05:32:48 PM
Thank you moparroy! That was exactly what I was looking for. You wouldn't happen to have any extra seat belt bezels where the belt passes through the panel?

There's some that have been on KIJIJI for ever  :dunno: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/oshawa-durham-region/1970-74-e-body-shoulder-belt-green-trim/1569648181
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudabin

Thanks for pointing that out Alan. I actually contacted that fellow but he only has the one and not a pair.  It would of been about $50 to my door. I think I will await this summer's swap meets and hope for the best.