Main Menu

Best options for getting a new dash pad

Started by Gatorslayer, February 16, 2024, 06:48:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty

blown motor

Wow! That is so bad. The "oh shit" says it all.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on February 29, 2024, 07:50:44 PMSo tonight at about 5mins to 9pm I get a phone call from 915 333 2357 ....a number I recognize immediately, but after saying Hello about 5 times...I realize it must be a "butt dial".....I let it play out for almost five minutes with me now yelling  HELLO HELLO ALANNAH IS THAT YOU ? IT'S ME ALAN GALLANT ...HELLO HELLO

then I hear..."oh shit" and a hang up....so after six months of me leaving messages, I had them on the phone and they still won't talk to me....not even to give me a lame ass excuse  :pullinghair:  :pullinghair:  :pullinghair:

Next time I see one of the El Paso based dash people at one of the shows, I'm going to check phone numbers or diplomatically ask if 'Allanah' is part of their operation and if they indicate she is, I'm going to follow it up with your story of getting screwed. Shady people like that should be put on the spot. I know they won't do anything to make it right but I will let them know I don't do business with crooks.

At the bare minimum, they should be made aware that the story is known to people in the hobby and it costs them business in the end. All of us should do this when we see him at the show. It costs all of us when disreputable businesses prey on the hobby.

RUNCHARGER

I'd glue on one of those sketchy dash caps before I'd give those dicks any money. It's brutal what you have to put up with to do this hobby sometimes.
Sheldon

Marty

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 01, 2024, 05:08:54 AMI'd glue on one of those sketchy dash caps before I'd give those dicks any money. It's brutal what you have to put up with to do this hobby sometimes.

:iagree:

71vert340

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 01, 2024, 05:08:54 AMI'd glue on one of those sketchy dash caps before I'd give those dicks any money. It's brutal what you have to put up with to do this hobby sometimes.

After reading a few years ago the problem people were having with the repro dash pads, I figured a dash cap would cost less than losing several hundred dollars to  some shady person. I decided to take my time and use plenty of glue and heat and carefully trim it. Here's the result. It's better than the cracked pad I had in there and I didn't lose a core pad and money.
Terry W.

cudamadd