Main Menu

Broken heater box wanted

Started by Crash520, September 05, 2017, 01:54:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crash520

Hi Team, well as I'm chasing a passenger side fresh air vent from a heater delete car with no luck, my next option would be find a broken heater box that still has the right hand end still in perfect condition, so for example broken where the inlet/outlet go into the heater box, that way I can trim off the broken section to leave JUST the fresh air vent part, I can then glass it off to somewhat replicate just a fresh air vent, make sense???
Soooooo anyone have one???? By chance please
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Daveh

Greg,

I should hopefully have that in the next two weeks.  Can you circle what exactly you want from a heater box picture?  Thanks

Crash520

Thanks Daveits the bit circled, basically I'd want to cut off the heater side and keep the fresh air part, glass over where the heater used to be, so right of the yellow line
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Daveh

Ok shouldn't be an issue.  I'll let you know when I'm ready.  Where do you live? 

Crash520

Dave, I live in Brisbane Australia, I have a daughter living in TN and a good mate in WA, I'll be over at both this January so I'd be planning on bringing it back with me then, late Jan,
Did you have a broken one that's not worth saving? I'd hate to cut up a rebuildable unit
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Daveh

That good I would rather send it somewhere in the states.  My original box was ok but had it issues.  So I bought another one from someone here on the site.  It wasn't supposed to have issue but it did.  Oh well that's the hobby.  Then I bought a 3rd one in good shape.  I mixed matched some of the parts to make one good unit. 

So I'm going to strip everything off of them and save or sell the parts and then I will have the boxes.  Both with their issues but one with the good portion that you need.  I will keep you posted when I have it available and we can work out the details then.  Thanks

Dave

Crash520

Thanks Dave
Once you have things sorted, could you send me a couple of pic's of what you have for me please
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

Thanks to Dave for a valiant effort to try and help me out, much appreciated Dave. Unfortunately Dave's heater box was an AC unit so I'm still looking for the right hand end of a non AC heater box guys
Greg
Brisbane
Australia