Main Menu

Console floor brackets

Started by dave73, July 15, 2018, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

My car came with a console but I'm not running one. Going to redo my carpet and would like to remove the brackets below. Are they bolted on or welded to the floor?

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Plumcrazzy

Suggestion: Take as much care as you can when removing the brackets and hang on to the brackets because someone will need them down the road (maybe you). Good idea to also take measurements and attach them to the saved brackets.

ledphoot

You ever consider acquiring a console and installing it?

Dakota

Quote from: Plumcrazzy on July 15, 2018, 05:36:40 PM
Suggestion: Take as much care as you can when removing the brackets and hang on to the brackets because someone will need them down the road (maybe you). Good idea to also take measurements and attach them to the saved brackets.

The prior owner on my car removed the console but left the rear console bracket in place and covered it with carpet. I'm not using a console either so I decided to cut off thebracket. It was welded to the tranny hump in 6 places - 2 welds on each "long side" and once on front and back.  I was able to get at the "long side" welds ok, but I didn't see a way to cut the front and back welds in a way that would save the bracket and avoid cutting into the hump.   The bracket ended up being trash.  Hopefully you are more skilled with a cutoff wheel than I am.  The idea of taking and saving measurements on the placement of the brackets is a good one.  Just my :alan2cents:

dave73

Quote from: ledphoot on July 15, 2018, 08:43:47 PM
You ever consider acquiring a console and installing it?

I have the original one, I just find it very uncomfortable. I also prefer the look without it. Was hoping the brackets were bolted on so it wasn't such a "permanent" change to remove them

RUNCHARGER

I prefer no console in a 4 speed car. The console wasn't exactly the best quality or most useful component.
Sheldon

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 16, 2018, 08:05:51 AM
I prefer no console in a 4 speed car. The console wasn't exactly the best quality or most useful component.
:iagree: I think the pistol grip speaks for itself!!!!!