Main Menu

Center console brackets installation

Started by BAM, September 29, 2021, 12:21:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Hello guys,

Before paint, we need to do one final welding and that's the centre console mounting brackets. Because I don't have the centre console yet and I also don't have the slap stick linkage, I guess I need some sort of a template to install the brackets.

Anyone able to help with that? The console will arrive in about 2 months and the shifter in about 1 month. It would be a pity to have to weld on a freshly painted car.

Daveh

This is just my 2 cents,  But they are never at the location you need them to be.  I would wait until you get the parts to accurately measure.  On my 71 convertible after it was painted I didn't want to weld in their either.  Mines not an original car (340 with a TKO) so I opted for small nutserts.  They look good are easy to install and provide some flexibility.  Like I said it's just my 2 cents.  Good luck

headejm

@BAM I hope these photos help. The zero datum is the driver side seat belt hole in the tunnel.

BAM

@headejm thank you. That's helpful. Could you maybe measure the hole in the floor where the linkage goes down to the transmission?

Claudia

IMO - Personally, I agree with the above mention and would just wait until you have everything so that you can accurately put everything in it's place and paint at a later date.  If you are off on anything, you will be in the same boat that you are trying to avoid.