Main Menu

70 Cuda A/C Bezel Texture

Started by CudaHead, April 12, 2020, 05:06:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaHead

I'm working on my 70 Cuda with Rallye Dash.
I ordered a new A/C panel Bezel and Radio panel Bezel.
I noticed the panels surface has a very rich texture. I have an original A/C panel that needs to be resurfaced and it has a much smaller fine texture.
Is there paint that will look like the original texture?

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

CudaHead

WOW, again, I missed that one on my search and I always do a search on this site before I post.
Thanks, that was just what I needed to know.

CudaHead

I painted the bezels with the recommended paint:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-12-oz-Textured-Black-Protective-Spray-Paint-7220830/100121155

The right hand came out just the way I wanted to see.
The left hand side came out with too much shine but closer than before.
I sanded it down again to make sure there were no shiny areas.
I painted it again and used the heat gun on it again.
It looks better but is still too shiny. I'm not sure why. Comments please.

JS29

Give it another shot, stay back farther, place it in a cool spot and let it dry in the cold. that should take care of that.  :alan2cents:

Bullitt-

This reminds me of painting walls in my house, any change in substrata(like filling nail holes) makes the paint have a different sheen no matter how well I thought I prepped...
A couple of coats of primer with sanding in between seems to do the trick....  :alan2cents:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

CudaHead

Thanks JS29, It appears to be working better. I still need to add another Dusting is small areas, but the shine is going away.
It does not have as much texture as the other side, but it is in range enough to work.

Thanks again.

JS29

Quote from: CudaHead on April 13, 2020, 12:36:00 PM
Thanks JS29, It appears to be working better. I still need to add another Dusting is small areas, but the shine is going away.
It does not have as much texture as the other side, but it is in range enough to work.

Thanks again.
:bigthumb: Let it cure in a cool place, the cooler the better.