Main Menu

Convertible bits and pieces...

Started by superdave, January 07, 2018, 01:40:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

Okay so the actual need is way off but... Are the plastic clips that hold the top down available anywhere? :notsure: That has bothered me since high school, I used to use a piece of wire to tie the top down and keep it from popping up. I suppose in the world of 3d printing that may not be too difficult to make. :dunno:
  Thanks sd

1 Wild R/T

Must be a non-power top car?  I saw someone was toying with them, don't think they got made... As you mentioned they would be an easy 3d printing project.. That technology has advanced tremendously...

superdave

Oops, I forgot to mention that. Yes non power top and I'd like to leave it that way. Air conditioning, chrome one the rockers, and fender turn signals but no power top, who knows why. But it's all good. :bradsthumb:

Jay Bee

I remember a cc.c member (filmsurgeon) was working on this and made his own. I didn't read the whole thing to see if he was making them for people. Page 2 shows his homemade ones. Here's the thread:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=90796.0

1 Wild R/T

cuda hunter

I'm surprised the pictures are still on there. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Jay Bee

Quote from: cuda hunter on January 07, 2018, 05:21:28 PM
I'm surprised the pictures are still on there. 
Looks like filmsurgeon didn't use Photobucket to post his pictures. His have a paper clip, filename, and dimensions below each picture, like the posted pics here.

HEMICUDA

I customer of mine printed those several years ago because she also needed some and sent me a set I needed.  I email her asking if she made any extra, I'll keep you posted.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 10:41:48 AM
I customer of mine printed those several years ago because she also needed some and sent me a set I needed.  I email her asking if she made any extra, I'll keep you posted.

Just got a response from Teresa, she said "I think so, I will check when I get home".

HEMICUDA

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 10:51:48 AM

Just got a response from Teresa, she said "I think so, I will check when I get home".

Yep, she made a couple extra.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 11:04:04 AM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 08, 2018, 10:51:48 AM

Yep, she made a couple extra.

She is sending me the extra pair she had if you want them, if not, I'm happy to keep them as spares.

filmsurgeon

Sorry folks.  I haven't been able to stay active that much anymore on these forum sites.  Anyway, I had a bunch of these made several years ago with the intent of getting them out to people interested at cost+shipping.  Never managed to get that done.  If anyone wants a pair, I'll get them to you for the cost of shipping.  Just let me know.
BTW - I'm now staying more active on these sites, now that there seems to be some forward traction on new convertible rear interior panels.

superdave

Thinking way ahead here but it's a detail that will need addressed. I'm missing the high beam indicator light.  More specifically the little black with red dot lens that fits into the hole in the dash. Are they available anywhere if I don't find it floating around in the dash. :thinking:  :-[

BIGSHCLUNK

I will gladly take a pair !  :bradsthumb: One of mine is a little chewed up....    Yep, NIKKI is a manual top  :notsure:  PM sent

WCC

Quote from: filmsurgeon on January 13, 2018, 03:33:33 PM
Sorry folks.  I haven't been able to stay active that much anymore on these forum sites.  Anyway, I had a bunch of these made several years ago with the intent of getting them out to people interested at cost+shipping.  Never managed to get that done.  If anyone wants a pair, I'll get them to you for the cost of shipping.  Just let me know.
BTW - I'm now staying more active on these sites, now that there seems to be some forward traction on new convertible rear interior panels.

Awesome, been looking for these as well. Have sent you a PM. Thx :twothumbsup: