Main Menu

Dakota Digital gauges

Started by gumby, February 06, 2018, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

Just ordered a set. http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=1027/category_id=679/mode=prod/prd1027.htm

Will be sent in 3-4 weeks.I didn't like the color combos, so I special ordered. I wanted black face gauges, with blue background light, and a RED pointer.
(unfortunately white during the day, but RED at night!)

The person that I talked to was VERY knowledgeable, and addressed my concerns promptly!
Said that no one had wanted that option before, was able to get it done for me!

WoW! GREAT customer service! Had to pay an extra few bux, not much. VERY Helpful! - even gave me tips on using it with HellCrate engine.
I was extremely impressed!

Can't wait to see the gauges!

Still cheaper than sending my gauges out for rebuild, and modern. Pretty close to stock look? I guess we will see.

I was impressed, though.

VERY COOL PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH! that's all.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=1027/category_id=679/mode=prod/prd1027.htm

Marc70challenger

We've used the before in another car. Great product !  Those look awesome !

71340RT

Never thought much about the needles not being red. I was not to worried about that when I ordered mine for my G3 swap in my 74 challenger. I just got mine Friday and here is a picture. Hope to put them in in the next few weeks. Please post a picture for us to check them out.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

moparcar

Those Dakota Digital Gauges look great! Please post up pictures of the installation and any tips you may have.

Thanks, Wes

1 Wild R/T

Need to get @Crash520 to post pictures of his gauges.... Very cool IMO

Crash520

I posted a big report and photos yesterday but it's not here :notsure:
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

Here are a couple more detail to follow
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

anlauto

I love how they printed yours and the orange needles, why ALL of the E Body ones aren't done like that is beyond me :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on February 24, 2018, 09:14:06 AM
Need to get @Crash520 to post pictures of his gauges.... Very cool IMO
:iagree:
I am going to eventually buy a DD gauge cluster and when I do I will ask for the Crash mod. I believe he said it cost an extra two bills.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

CudaMoparRay

Definitely the way to go if you have a rallye cluster.

nsmall

Looks great.  Should of passed on restoring my gauges and bought a set of these.  I still like the factory rallye gauges if you have a set, but for 1k all new gauges, good deal.  Does you use your original wood grain cover and your original plastic cover?

Crash520

Thanks Brad, I though I'd lost my marbles, well I did to post it there
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

Yes it's a direct bolt in, no mods required as such, I did have to relieve the back side of the bezel I purchased but it was a repop so I can't speak for an OEM unit
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

amthoma

What do people think of this render I had Dakota draw up? Trying to get the clock a little closer to OEM, but they say they can only use white needles on the clock.