Main Menu

Dash trim on passenger side?

Started by GoMangoBoys, February 18, 2021, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

Is there supposed to be any sort of plastic trim on the lower edge of the dash frame on the passenger side on our 70 Challenger?

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70/6chall

You may be referring to the lower dash trim for A/C cars. The map light and switch attaches here also.

Marty

Topcat

Quote from: 70/6chall on February 18, 2021, 05:15:44 PM
You may be referring to the lower dash trim for A/C cars. The map light and switch attaches here also.

As the picture says, A/C cars

Shoooter

If you have one I would be happy to buy it from you :cheers:.  Mine is missing

chaps70rt

I am about to re-install my lower dash plastic trim this weekend.   I am not sure what type of screw/bolt was used to install this to the bottom
edge of the dash.     Has anyone been down this path and can share the mounting hardware needed??    Thanks in advance!!!
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

blown motor

Quote from: Shoooter on February 18, 2021, 08:26:37 PM
If you have one I would be happy to buy it from you :cheers:.  Mine is missing

Those are not reproduced and are very hard to find, especially one in good condition.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

C_B5

Quote from: chaps70rt on October 16, 2021, 03:14:42 PM
I am about to re-install my lower dash plastic trim this weekend.   I am not sure what type of screw/bolt was used to install this to the bottom
edge of the dash.     Has anyone been down this path and can share the mounting hardware needed??    Thanks in advance!!!

The lower A/C dash trim piece uses the same basic screws found everywhere on the e-body dashframe.

It's a phillips panhead with the oversized washer style head and clear zinc plating.

An installation tip do NOT over tighten the screws !!
That's what leads to the broken / cracked mounting tabs. This piece is not structural just needs to be held securely to the dashframe.

For reference here are pictures of the original screws mounted in place.

chaps70rt

Thanks C_B5 ...... that is a big help.     Now to find a number of those in my jar of extra screws!!

Cheers ..... CHAPS
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi