Main Menu

Dash

Started by RockportCuda, February 05, 2020, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RockportCuda

Wanting to get my dash restored from my 1970 cuda. I have found 2 places, Just Dashes and Dantes Mopar parts. Just wanted some different opinions.
Thanks
I really appreciate the feedback

anlauto

Do you mean the dash pad itself ? Dante's is likely sending it out to Just Dashes or he's selling you a reproduction pad using yours as a core.
There are a couple of companies that make a new pad using a factory steel core. Ultimate Rides, ABC, etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jalaska907

If you have the time, you can sub out the parts that need restored like gauges, switches, ect. You will save a lot of money doing it yourself.  I know this is not the ideal situation for some people, but after researching cost of complete dash restoartion, vs doing it myself and sending items out to be restored, I was able to save 3-4k.  Instrument specialties wanted 7K and almost a year to restore my 70 non rallye, single speacker, non A/C dash.   All said and done, Ill be 3-3500 in mine.  I saved enough that Im able to do all the seats, carpet, headliner, weatherstrip, new interior hardware, and all new window hardware.  The parts im sending out to be restored willbe back in 6-8 weeks and I will be able to re-assemble.  Im getting my new dash pad from roseville moparts.   Just something to think about

Rich G.

Just dashes did my challenger a few years ago. Very nice but a bit pricey. Shipping wasn't cheap either. But it looks great.

blucuda

I will be receiving my new dash pad from ABC Moparts in a few days.  I will let you know what I think and send some pics when it arrives.

anlauto

Quote from: Jalaska907 on February 05, 2020, 03:27:57 PM
If you have the time, you can sub out the parts that need restored like gauges, switches, ect. You will save a lot of money doing it yourself.  I know this is not the ideal situation for some people, but after researching cost of complete dash restoartion, vs doing it myself and sending items out to be restored, I was able to save 3-4k.  Instrument specialties wanted 7K and almost a year to restore my 70 non rallye, single speacker, non A/C dash.   All said and done, Ill be 3-3500 in mine.  I saved enough that Im able to do all the seats, carpet, headliner, weatherstrip, new interior hardware, and all new window hardware.  The parts im sending out to be restored willbe back in 6-8 weeks and I will be able to re-assemble.  Im getting my new dash pad from roseville moparts.   Just something to think about

This is great advice :worship: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mr Lee

Quote from: blucuda on February 05, 2020, 04:29:43 PM
I will be receiving my new dash pad from ABC Moparts in a few days.  I will let you know what I think and send some pics when it arrives.

ABC is doing E body dashpads now?  I saw them at Carlisle a few years ago and their products looked really really nice but at that time they weren't offering the E body dash pad yet.  I'm very curious to see what theirs are like and if they have the stitching in them. 
.... just checked their website.  The pics are not very detailed.   
Yeah, let us know what you think.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Dynamo

had my pad done through Das pad Pro. paid a few extra bucks to have my frame recovered but still cheaper than Just Dashes. I was satisfied with it but there were small defects. like everything else goes how much are you willing to spend

cuda hunter

Quote from: blucuda on February 05, 2020, 04:29:43 PM

:popcorn:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

blucuda

Just got my dash pad from ABCMoparts.  I like what I see so far and will see if I have any fitment issues when I finally get everything put together.  Bob was a pleasure to deal with and was quick to respond to any questions, even on a weekend.  If anyone wants pics of anything specific, just let me know.

AH1S

How does the grain compare to original?

blucuda

It is real close.  The only issue that I had were some gaps that I didn't have before.  Nothing drastic, but would think about sending in my own frame to be recovered if I did it again.

7E-Bodies

What kind of price to get my own frame recovered on a 70 Challenger non AC, single speaker?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on February 17, 2020, 07:07:36 AM
What kind of price to get my own frame recovered on a 70 Challenger non AC, single speaker?
I assume companies like ABC or Ultimate Rides makes reproduction dash pads using factory original steel frames, that's why they need your core or charge a core charge.

Unlike Just Dashes, I doubt they could promise that you would get your exact frame back  :alan2cents:

7E-Bodies

Just curious as I'm a bit of a purist. I'll probably just go through @MoparDave then. I've heard they actually paint a black pad to match my F8 code interior which scares me a bit.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green