Main Menu

Did this really exist? Or joke ?

Started by Purepony, December 04, 2020, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

More Special Parts

cuda hunter

Those other parts are super hard to find.  The same year B bodies have the same under dash parts as I understand.  I've had ads on fbbo for some time trying to find those parts.  Or one of those parts. 
These pictures above must be the absolute hardest parts for ebodies to find.  I've been looking for some time and have yet to come across them.  Maybe I'm just not calling the big boys and asking the right questions. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

There are a few other pictures on this web page.  Would have been more but the mods over on the for only sites suck in a lot of ways. 

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/heater-delete-parts.194413/
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

VCODE

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 06, 2020, 07:24:10 AM
Those other parts are super hard to find.  The same year B bodies have the same under dash parts as I understand.  I've had ads on fbbo for some time trying to find those parts.  Or one of those parts. 
These pictures above must be the absolute hardest parts for ebodies to find.  I've been looking for some time and have yet to come across them.  Maybe I'm just not calling the big boys and asking the right questions.

Cuda Hunter,
I have never seen these parts for sale any where in all my years. The only part that I have seen available is the control panel delete plate. All these parts came with both cuda's, untouched.
Bob

C_B5

Actually, there's one of just the heater cover delete plates listed on eBay right now from Tony's Parts.

This one looks to have been attached by the other method I described in a previous post, where the mounting studs were melted instead of speed nuts.

Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233260414036

cuda hunter

Why does the one Tony have for sale not have the silver ridge around it? 
Is it for an ebody? Or for another body line? 

Part number    3431042-96683

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 06, 2020, 05:38:39 PM
Why does the one Tony have for sale not have the silver ridge around it? 
Is it for an ebody? Or for another body line? 

Part number    3431042-96683

Silver line is on the panel the block off mounts to...

cuda hunter

Solarguy

How were the lack of heater hoses dealt with at the engine?  were there just rubber caps on the nipples?  Thinking small block water pump for example. 

cuda hunter

reference post #14.  The hose holes are blocked off with a plate. 
Then there is no heater box. Just a vented box. 

anlauto

Quote from: Solarguy on December 11, 2020, 04:39:46 AM
How were the lack of heater hoses dealt with at the engine?  were there just rubber caps on the nipples?  Thinking small block water pump for example.

Interesting question  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: C_B5 on December 06, 2020, 10:14:13 AM
Actually, there's one of just the heater cover delete plates listed on eBay right now from Tony's Parts.

This one looks to have been attached by the other method I described in a previous post, where the mounting studs were melted instead of speed nuts.

Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233260414036

I've made two offers on that block off plate in the recent past.  250 is what I offered.  But that is just not enough for Tony. 
I'm trying to spend that money on a challenger locking gas cap so I"m having a hard time with 350 for a used plate.  Maybe I'll come around to it. 

Solarguy

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 11, 2020, 05:53:20 AM
reference post #14.  The hose holes are blocked off with a plate. 
Then there is no heater box. Just a vented box.

thanks.  Yeah, I get that part but what about the engine side of the hoses, like at the water pump and intake manifold?

1 Wild R/T

My Hemi had plugs... But on a small block I'm guessing they used a cap on the water pump...

Skdmark

According to the ICCA e-body judging book, "Heater delete cars have a black rubber cap over the nipples that are secured in place with Corbin clamps."

Heater delete cars have nipple clamps.  :haha:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: