Main Menu

Does Your Original Rallye Dash Switch Panel Look Like This?

Started by cataclysm80, March 12, 2017, 10:57:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cataclysm80

Which of these switch panels does your car have, and what is your Scheduled Production Date?
Does your car have a seat belt light at the right side on the woodgrain?
Doing some research on when the changes happened.

I'm pretty sure that 70 & 71 cars used the one on the left, and 74 cars used the one on the right.
I'm particularly interested in hearing about 72 & 73 cars to see when these changes happened.

I've received some info from our Facebook group, but wanted to run it by you guys for a second opinion.

Info on non-rallye dash cars would also be interesting.

cataclysm80

@Burdar    I'm particularly interested in hearing your thoughts on this topic.

Chryco Psycho

What year are you building , neither look right for 70
seat belt light was 74 only or 73-74

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cataclysm80

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 12, 2017, 11:49:24 AM
What year are you building , neither are right for 70

At the moment, I'm building a 70 Roadrunner.  :)

I just noticed this incomplete section in my car notes, and was hoping to find the missing info.
The goal is to be able to help someone find the correct part for their car, or to be able to pick up a switch panel at a swap meet and know what cars it's correct for.
After the info is gathered and we're pretty sure that it's accurate, I might make a Rallye Dash info post in the Reference section here, to help others in the future.

You had mentioned that neither of the pictured switch panels were correct for 1970.  How would a 1970 unit be different?

Cuda Cody

Left looks correct to me for 1970.  What am I missing?  :notsure:

cataclysm80

It has the dots on the headlight switch and defogger switch, though the defogger dot should be red.
(EDIT: defogger dot should be teal in 1970, and red in 1971)

The only thing I could think of is that some 1970 cars used a different color of woodgrain.   :dunno:

Cuda Cody

I'm pretty sure that is correct for 1970 (besides the color of the dot).   :alan2cents:

Quote from: cataclysm80 on March 12, 2017, 03:12:39 PM
It has the dots on the headlight switch and defogger switch, though the defogger dot should be red.

The only thing I could think of is that some 1970 cars used a different color of woodgrain.   :dunno:

Burdar

SPD of my Challenger is 927 but it was built mid October.

The switches don't have any paint colors on them. I believe the headlight switch has a very faint circle cast into it but it's not painted.

The original switch panel wood grain has NO pictures next to the switches like your right hand picture shows. The reproduction wood grain I have now DOES have those pictures. Those pictures were either added later on in 73 or the factory used different venders.

The right hand side of the gauge panel has a seat belt warning light.

The headlight switch is labeled "head lamps", not "lights".

usraptor

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 12, 2017, 03:15:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that is correct for 1970 (besides the color of the dot).   :alan2cents:

I agree with Cody.   Looks like my '70 Cuda Rallye dash as much as I can remember.  Unfortunately, car is at the body shop right now or I'd go out and look at it.  :thinking:

Challenger in NC

I saw a discussion a few years back where someone said the power top and defogger switch dot on 1970 was a teal/turquoise color but in 1971 it was red. Any more opinions on this?

71GranCoupe

From my RT/SE Survivor. It is 99% original and the dash has never been out of the car. It has a SPD of 802, but a door vin date of 9-69. Hope this helps with the info you guys are looking for. :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

Ok now I am second guessing 
I know when we redid the woodgrain on a 70 it was specifically different around the raised pads for the lettering for the switch . :thinking:
We had the wrong one for the switch panel not just the main panel  I recall
Ok different color for sure 70 only lighter teak color , 71-74 used the darker walnut

anlauto

Performance Car Graphics, by far the superior supplier of the most accurate reproductions of these woodgrain panels offers ten different variations:
ERDWP-1: 3 switch, remote, no seat belt light or pictographs
 ERDWP-2: 4 switch, remote, no seat belt light or pictographs, with REAR DEFOG
 ERDWP-3: 4 switch, remote, no seat belt light or pictographs, with TOP LIFT
 ERDWP-4: 3 switch, direct, no seat belt light or pictographs
 ERDWP-5: 4 switch, direct, no seat belt light or pictographs, with REAR DEFOG
 ERDWP-6: 4 switch, direct, no seat belt light or pictographs, with TOP LIFT
 ERDWP-7: 3 switch, direct, with seat belt light, no pictographs
 ERDWP-8: 4 switch, direct, with seat belt light, no pictographs, with REAR DEFOG
 ERDWP-9: 3 switch, direct, with seat belt light and pictographs, with LIGHTS
 ERDWP-10: 4 switch, direct, with seat belt light and pictographs, with REAR DEFOG and LIGHTS

I would think that they have them all covered.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration