Main Menu

door and quarter window installation

Started by Shoooter, May 04, 2018, 09:13:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I took a look  around and I couldn't find a window installation  thread. what's the correct steps to install the side windows? any suggestions for a 71 cuda?

750-h2

Check out this video. I found it very helpful. Starts at the 10 minute mark of the video.
https://www.powernationtv.com/episode/DM2015-19/pain-in-the-glass

RUNCHARGER

It's pretty easy, for me the tricky part is getting the door glass into the shells, the rest is cake. Do you have the service manual with the photos of all the parts? Alan is really good on this and there have been a few threads on it. The last few times I have had to work through separating Cuda stuff from Challenger but even with that hold up it went very easy.
Sheldon

750-h2

Door glass goes in the shell real easy when you do it as shown in the video. :bigthumb:

nsmall

I had this in my files....

Alan said....
Here's how I do it....I love installing E Body door glass it's my favorite part of the re-assembly.   :inlove:

Assemble all the latches, rods, handles, etc...first.
Install the regulator with the horizontal track on it.
Install the rear track (the one in question here)
Install the large front track lower "L" bracket only.

Then slide the front track on the glass and hold it with your hand while you slide the glass in. Hook the glass on the rear track, bolt in the front track and horizontal track and away you go...

Install the upstops, window guides and the window fuzzie

Spikedog08 or Alan said...I learned this method years ago when I actually took time to read the Factory Service Manual and not just look at the pictures

Shoooter

this is what I need. thanks everyone.... don't worry there will be follow up questions as I'm sure ill get stuck on something

Shoooter

is there any rubber door seals or felts ect that nees to be installed first?

nsmall

"Install the upstops, window guides and the window fuzzie" see post above, fuzzies aka cat wiskers go last.  Pretty sure seals around the door and whatnot can be installed last.  Make sure to wait until the very end for the rubber stopper that goes in the bottom of the door LAST otherwise fuzzies will not be possible to install.  Dont take my words as 100% correct as I am a rookie and have a horrible memory.

Shoooter

I put my windows I'm this weekend and it was probably one of the more enjoyable things I've done so far. Everything went smooth and it was because of this thread. Thanks again

Spikedog08

Yes the thread that I started that nsmall posted above should have all the info you need!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

6Pack70

Are the window tracks the same for Cuda and Challenger?   Asking because my 70 Cuda needs every part inside the drivers door and I may have a chance to pick up a complete Challenger door.

RJChallenger

No. The window regulators are different. Everything else I believe are the same.