Main Menu

Cuda door and side window replacement

Started by Spikedog08, January 20, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I can see how that would confuse things.  But no, the long piece that the window slides in does not go on before the window goes in.  Not why I took a photo of it that way.   :looney:  This is how the window looks before putting it in:

Were you able to find the missing fastener you needed?

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 04, 2017, 09:00:17 AM
I saw your picture with the glass on the table with the guide sitting on it and that is what made me bring this up.  I get the feeling I am pulling this back out of the door and try again . . .  :huh:

anlauto

Here's how I do it....I love installing E Body door glass it's my favorite part of the re-assembly. :inlove:

Assemble all the latches, rods, handles, etc...first.
Install the regulator with the horizontal track on it.
Install the rear track (the one in question here)
Install the large front track lower "L" bracket only.

Then slide the front track on the glass and hold it with your hand while you slide the glass in. Hook the glass on the rear track, bolt in the front track and horizontal track and away you go...

Install the upstops, window guides and the window fuzzie.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on March 04, 2017, 09:08:17 AM
Here's how I do it....I love installing E Body door glass it's my favorite part of the re-assembly. :inlove:

Assembly all the latches, rods, handles, etc...first.

Then slide the front track on the glass and hold it with you hand while you slide the glass in. Hook the glass on the rear track, bolt in the front track and horizontal track and away you go...

You made that sound so easy . . . Interesting that you separated the one bracket . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

I learned this method years ago when I actually took time to read the Factory Service Manual and not just look at the pictures :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

Hook the glass on the rear track . .

I guess this is where I'm having issues . . . How does it hook?  Does it have to slide in from the top of the channel?   :dunno:

Cuda Cody

:twothumbsup:  I'm going to try it this way next time!   :cool:

Assembly all the latches, rods, handles, etc...first.

Then slide the front track on the glass and hold it with you hand while you slide the glass in. Hook the glass on the rear track, bolt in the front track and horizontal track and away you go...

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 04, 2017, 09:46:25 AM
Hook the glass on the rear track . .

I guess this is where I'm having issues . . . How does it hook?  Does it have to slide in from the top of the channel?   :dunno:

With those blue wedges you'll never slide it in from the top. Bolt the rear channel in the door....Once the glass is in the door, just move it backwards and literally "hook it on"... ;)

Spikedog08

Ok that is where I'm at right now . . . See if I can get it hooked . . . Thanks the info Alan . .  :worship:

Spikedog08

OK Had a chance to get out in the garage again this afternoon!!  One door glass is in and going up and down . . . so here is my next set of questions . . . please review the pictures . . . CLINK ON PIC TO ENLARGE!

Is there a way to adjust so the back of the glass comes up and the front goes down?  I have the adjustments on the bottom of the door loose but looks like the front corner doesn't seal well and the rear top corner needs to come up a little.  I also don't have the guides in . . . Should I get everything in and then adjust?   

All in all . . . pretty happy that one is in and moving up and down!   :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

anlauto

HP_Cuda

Funny I was just replacing my upstop bump stops and I rolled the window up just before the bump stops and then loosened them a tiny bit and then took the window to exactly where I wanted it.

Then I tightened them down, worked a charm.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RUNCHARGER

I use Alan's method as well. Hardest part seems to be wiggling the darn glass into the door at the start.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Man that looks good! Nice job SpikeDog.

GoodysGotaCuda

Following. The part I am looking forward to the least on my build is setting the glass!

Did I miss it, or are there any recommended hardware/bushing kits out there that I should order for the door and 1/4 glass?
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

the rear plate with the short slide & 2 nut on it will move up & down & correct the angle of the top of the glass  I know ,, no pix  :Thud: