Main Menu

Door lock link rods

Started by CudaHolland, October 13, 2019, 01:57:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaHolland

Last year I bought my Cuda . This summer I noticed that I could not lock my doors. Today I took away my door panels and saw that the linking rod between the door lock cylinder and the door latch assembly halfway the door is missing. It is a presumption from me but I do not know for sure because I have never seen it before how it should be in a working way. So my question to you guys. Has someone a picture from it how it is attached ?? I haven enclosed a few pictures . One is from the doorlock cilinder which you can turn with your key. I think there should be a linking rod but I do not know how it is locked. The other 5 pictures are from the door latch assembly halfway the door. I think the linking rod should be put in the plastic connector .  But at my driversside the plastic connector is also missing.
I looked at the site of Yearone and saw a set of Door lock link rods ( part number : DLR404). Is this the correct set I need ? But how are the rods locked ?? I think  at the bottom it is locked in the plastic connector but can I also get this part new in the shop?? So who can help me. Alan Gallant knows it by head I think :haha:

CudaHolland

more pictures :help:

CudaHolland

another picture

CudaHolland

another picture

CudaHolland

Now I know how to sent more pictures in one message :yes:

Brads70

Not sure of the part #'s but check at the bottom of the door, the clip that hold them on might have failed and the rod is sitting at the bottom of the door?

CudaHolland

Negative. They put in new door handles but the rest is gone............... :tired: :tired:

Jay Bee

Pictures of inside my driver's side door, ('70 Barracuda if that matters). Hope they help you out.

Chryco Psycho

the rods that should be there don't use the red fold over clip , the rods have a small groove in them & snap into the red connector in your pictures , the top is just doble kinked as shown holding it into the lock cylinder tailpiece

Chryco Psycho

The DLR 404-5 has a generic picture below it showing listings for A - B - or E body cars
so the picture is not correct but yes I believe that set is correct although there could be a difference between the different years as everything was changed between 70 - 71 or so it seems !!
I would Always check with Dave , he will know  :bigthumb:

CudaHolland

Thanks guys for the pictures and your help. Appreciate it  :ohyeah:
Dave can you give your opinion over this small problem??

Chryco Psycho

MoparDave

key lock rods are in stock and we can ship that postal to the Netherlands.

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/door-lock-rod-set-e-body-key-cylinder-to-latch/

use discount code forum for 10% off any products in the store.

Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

CudaHolland

Thanks man. I willl order them :)

anlauto

The reproduction lock rods shown above require the red clip-over style clip like shown in Jay Bee's picture because they don't have a little groove on the end to "clip-in" to the style clip you have. For the record....I've never come across the style clip like on JayBee's car  :thinking:

If you can't find used originals, you may have to modify the ones from Roseville by cutting a groove in them :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration