Main Menu

Got my restored steering wheel back today!

Started by usraptor, April 21, 2020, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

For those that didn't see my post in my restoration thread.  I'm very excited.  :banana:  :)  Got my steering wheel back today from Dave Tay at WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM.  I couldn't be more pleased with the results.  The wheel looks brand new.  :clapping:  Before I sent it to him most of the wood grain was worn away on both sides of the wheel and my poor attempt at duplicating the silver strips in the cover looking it had been done by a kindergartener who couldn't keep in the lines.  Anyway, if you're looking for somebody to restore your steering wheel, I highly recommend Dave Tay at Woodgrainwheels. com  Easy to work with, good communication, fair price and reasonable turn around time.  :bravo:  First two pics are before pics and the rest after Dave restored the wheel.

Wayne

1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Cuda Cody

Jocigar

Very nice,  thanks for reference!   :twothumbsup:

I have thought about suggesting an un-boxing page... Those who are into watches would understand.

Funny how unboxing a flywheel and pressure plate can make you feel like a kid on Christmas morning  :haha:

JS29

:haha: Kid at Christmas!  A present for the car.  :rofl:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BIGSHCLUNK

headejm

That looks very nice! Makes sense to properly restore your steering wheel since you get to look directly at it and enjoy it every time you get in your car.  :ohyeah:

FIAARMN

1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on April 21, 2020, 01:47:18 PM
Yup, does some wonderful work :worship:

:iagree:

Did mine too.   :bigthumb:

Play this until it shows up.   :D

68bee

That wheel came out great.
If you don't mind me asking What did he charge and how long did it take?

Topcat

Quote from: 68bee on April 21, 2020, 05:26:38 PM

PM being sent

Dakota

Congrats!   That steering wheel looks absolutely beautiful.

Katfish

Quote from: Topcat on April 21, 2020, 05:43:43 PM
Quote from: 68bee on April 21, 2020, 05:26:38 PM

PM being sent

Any reason to not post for all to see?

usraptor

PMs sent to 68bee, Topcat and Katfish.  The reason I don't want to post the price for all to see is that I don't want to lock Dave Tay into a price since every wheel is different ("well you did Brad's wheel for $. How come it's costing me more?") and the time to finish may vary depending on the time of year and how many he has to do.  If people are serious about getting their wheel done the best thing to do is take pics of your wheel and send then to Dave for an estimate like I did. He doesn't charge for estimates and like some others who restore wheels,  Dave doesn't ask for any money up front.  You pay when he's finished.  Considering some wanted money up front and others wanted in excess of $1K to restore a wheel, I was very happy with Dave's work, price and turnaround time.  :twothumbsup: