Main Menu

Got my restored steering wheel back today!

Started by usraptor, April 21, 2020, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Quote from: usraptor on April 21, 2020, 06:09:47 PM
PMs sent to 68bee, Topcat and Katfish.  The reason I don't want to post the price for all to see is that I don't want to lock Dave Tay into a price since every wheel is different ("well you did Brad's wheel for $. How come it's costing me more?") and the time to finish may vary depending on the time of year and how many he has to do.  If people are serious about getting their wheel done the best thing to do is take pics of your wheel and send then to Dave for an estimate like I did. He doesn't charge for estimates and like some others who restore wheels,  Dave doesn't ask for any money up front.  You pay when he's finished.  Considering some wanted money up front and others wanted in excess of $1K to restore a wheel, I was very happy with Dave's work, price and turnaround time.  :twothumbsup:

:iagree:

Pricing last week, last  month, or even last December, doesn't necessarily reflect price now.
Restoration work is still case by case scenario.

cudamadd

68bee

PMs sent to 68bee, Topcat and Katfish.  The reason I don't want to post the price for all to see is that I don't want to lock Dave Tay into a price since every wheel is different ("well you did Brad's wheel for $. How come it's costing me more?") and the time to finish may vary depending on the time of year and how many he has to do.  If people are serious about getting their wheel done the best thing to do is take pics of your wheel and send then to Dave for an estimate like I did. He doesn't charge for estimates and like some others who restore wheels,  Dave doesn't ask for any money up front.  You pay when he's finished.  Considering some wanted money up front and others wanted in excess of $1K to restore a wheel, I was very happy with Dave's work, price and turnaround time.  :twothumbsup:

Im not in a rush to get it back because I have a spare wheel to use, and I understand that each wheel is different.
I was just looking for a ballpark figure on the price.
The detail of the grain on Dave Tay's wheel looks a lot better than some of the other wheel restorers doing them

HEMICUDA

Dave has done 4 wheels for me, 3 rim blow and 1 standard wheel.  I compared the standard wheel he did to what was on my 3,900 survivor, absolutely perfect.  Yes he does stellar work, I can comment on it because I've actually sent him money for his talent. :worship:

JS29

anlauto

Dave is actually best known for his work on RimBlow wheels....Here's one of the ones I've had done....beautiful work :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on April 24, 2020, 08:39:45 AM
Dave is actually best known for his work on RimBlow wheels....Here's one of the ones I've had done....beautiful work :twothumbsup:

Huh?  No, he's known for being the best with all the wheels he's done.  Just curious, are you saying that because of what you've heard or what you've seen?  You've never had him do work for you, I have and have flawless originals to compare his work to.

You comment a lot about the higher end restoration guys in the hobby like Dave and Jim at Dixie among others, yet you never use any? As a restoration "professional" as you claim to be, who do you use when restoring a car?  :crazytalk:  Yea, we talk.

anlauto

The above picture I posted is of a car I restored, I had Plumbeeper (Dave) restore that wheel for me as well installed others. I've also installed alternators/starters restored by Jim Ridge. both are excellent companies and provide a great service :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on April 24, 2020, 09:36:11 AM

The above picture I posted is of a car I restored, I had Plumbeeper (Dave) restore that wheel for me as well installed others. I've also installed alternators/starters restored by Jim Ridge. both are excellent companies and provide a great service :twothumbsup:

Yea sure you do, OK.   :deadhorse:

JS29

GCragtop