Main Menu

Headliner Sail Panel Bracket

Started by Scott G, January 29, 2020, 02:18:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scott G

I have a 70 Cuda (12/69 build) that was missing the upper brackets on the C pillars that the headliner hooks to.  I am trying to figure out what the correct bracket looks like for this car, as it looks like there is more than one style out there.  For my case, doesn't have to be exactly original, just needs to fit and work.  The one I am looking for is the rectangular one that appears to be the upper bracket.  The lower curved ones I have for this car.

Does anyone happen to have a picture of these installed?

Thanks.

Scott

71CudaGA4

Here's a picture of one installed in 71 Cuda

anlauto

The little "U" shaped notch is cut out for the coat hook screw hole.

This is the only picture I could find of them installed in a Cuda...I always remove them during a restoration, I never liked the look for items that get painted over during a restoration when it literally take 2 minutes to remove a dozen screws :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Also your bottom picture is a correct 1970 piece with the cut-out for the rod cup. The top picture would be late 71 and up....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scott G

Thank you guys

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk