Main Menu

heater box rebuild spray adhesive

Started by GoMangoBoys, March 29, 2021, 06:46:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I am working on restoring the heater box.  I have my kit from DMT.  The instructions say to use 3M High Strength 90 adhesive.  No one by us seems to carry that.  Has anyone used an alternative with success?
thanks

Chryco Psycho

headejm

3M 90 Spray Adhesive is typically used in higher temperature applications. Might be overkill for a heater box. It is readily available on the internet. DMT is a good supplier. If they say use 90, I'd use 90.

dodj

Quote from: headejm on March 29, 2021, 08:36:36 AM
If they say use 90, I'd use 90.
What?!? Follow instructions? Who does that?  :rofl:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

FE5CUDA

I had cans of 3M 77 as well as 90, tossed them out and use nothing but Permatex 27828.  Had a problem with the vinyl completely drying on the sail panels on a Cuda, talked to another interior friend and he told me 3M changed their formula, junk.  The Permatex is far superior and have used it many times since.  I bought a whole case just in case they screw up theirs like 3M did.

7E-Bodies

@GoMangoBoys is there a chance you could document your progress on this thread? I'm getting ready to do mine and don't want regrets.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

70 Top Banana