Main Menu

Heater Cable Routing Question

Started by Gary AAR, December 21, 2021, 12:54:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

I have a question about the proper routing of the Heat/Defrost Cable and Low/Hi Temp Cable where they pass near the clutch pedal.  As initially installed both cables want to route very near to the clutch pedal.  See the picture below.  The Low/Hi Temp cable tends to want to route just under the clutch pedal, and the cable gets deflected by the clutch pedal when it is depressed.  The Heat/Defrost cable tends to want to route very near the clutch pedal stop, and the cable usually gets caught under the clutch pedal stop when the clutch pedal is released.

I don't have the steering column installed yet, as I want to get this cable routing resolved in case I need to change something.  Does the steering column somehow control the cable routing to keep them away from the clutch pedal?  I don't recall any clamps being used to control the cable routing. 

Can anyone describe. or better yet take a picture, of how to properly route the (2) cables to avoid interference with the clutch pedal?

anlauto

All the cables run on top of the pedal assembly, not underneath...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Gary AAR

Thanks for the picture.  Rerouted the cables, and all is good!
Thanks for the help.