Main Menu

firewall routing of heater control cable?

Started by Dakota, May 28, 2018, 04:15:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

I'm getting ready to paint my engine compartment (70 Challenger with 340 and a/c).   There's at least one hole on the firewall to close up from a manual choke control cable that won't be needed any longer. I'm checking to see if there are others.  At present, the metal cable for the valve on the water feed to the heater core comes out just below the brake booster (look for the white tape on the end of the cable in the pic below).   Is this the right location?  I can't tell if this hole was added.  I couldn't find any locations identified on the "firewall holes" pictures that have been in circulation for a bit.

headejm

I have a 1970 Challenger with AC and a 383. On my car, the cable to the water control valve goes through the firewall right behind the brake booster on the right side (facing the booster). As long as you are happy with the cable routing and it operates smoothly, I'd say you are okay where it is at.

Dakota

THANKS!!!!  I've seen the pictures involving the orange firewall but not the others.   This is a huge help for the work I have ahead of me.

Katfish

Quote from: Dakota on May 29, 2018, 02:00:29 AM
THANKS!!!!  I'd seen the pictures involving the orange firewall but not the others.   This is a huge help for the work I have a head of me.

Same here, awesome reference info!
Is the TA spoiler mount dimensions on the 1st page still the most correct?