Main Menu

How comfortable are the stock seats?

Started by Swamp Donkey, September 27, 2020, 04:38:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on September 28, 2020, 09:48:17 PM
5'10" 220...
The seats are a little menacing on my back, I'm 41 now, bad back, the stock seats feel like they recline back too far for me, I've got longer legs and shorter arms, T-Rex? I don't know

I just ordered some new seats that are on their way now, they resemble Factory but have more side bolster and they recline, I'm taking a stab at the dark with the U since I didn't see any bad reviews about them, but I didn't see any reviews at all really about them. 

Here is a picture comparison, I wanted something that didn't look too crazy aftermarket or out of place, I just wanted something with more beside bolster and the ability to recline. 

The original seats aren't a picture for my car, just something I found at work while I was on break.
But my seats appear to be the same design, 70 Style Cuda

@Chris Pauluk  Please post a pic once you have them in (even a mock-up). I also like the looks of those, similar to OEM. The front looks a little taller so not sure how they will fit/feel.

FSHTAIL

I just got the confirmation for shipping today, I will definitely keep everybody posted, as soon as it gives me a time frame, I'll be tearing out the carpet and everything and installing my new carpet I bought from RockAuto

The seat pad is the same height as stock, just a side bolsters to keep you from sliding left to right are a little higher.

I hope the seat brackets don't lift the seat up too high, that's what we'll throw things out of whack

Quote from: 70vert on October 08, 2020, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: Chris Pauluk on September 28, 2020, 09:48:17 PM
5'10" 220...
The seats are a little menacing on my back, I'm 41 now, bad back, the stock seats feel like they recline back too far for me, I've got longer legs and shorter arms, T-Rex? I don't know

I just ordered some new seats that are on their way now, they resemble Factory but have more side bolster and they recline, I'm taking a stab at the dark with the U since I didn't see any bad reviews about them, but I didn't see any reviews at all really about them. 

Here is a picture comparison, I wanted something that didn't look too crazy aftermarket or out of place, I just wanted something with more beside bolster and the ability to recline. 

The original seats aren't a picture for my car, just something I found at work while I was on break.
But my seats appear to be the same design, 70 Style Cuda

@Chris Pauluk  Please post a pic once you have them in (even a mock-up). I also like the looks of those, similar to OEM. The front looks a little taller so not sure how they will fit/feel.
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

kawahonda

I like the stock seats. Have only sat in them for an hour at a time, but seems OK to me.

Agree that the biggest weakness is lateral support.

The worst seats I have ever experienced was from a 2014 Charger R/T. They were high-dollar seats, but after 10 minutes my lower back would be aching. So bad I had to stop the car often and get out. I tried adjusting them about 5 times before giving up.

Definitely keep your old seats incase you sell the car in the future. Seeing modern seats in a classic is one of those things that personally turn me off.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66