Main Menu

Interior panels questions

Started by Jocigar, November 02, 2021, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jocigar

Hi all,  lots of questions please.

My interior was white and someone along the way made it black.

My seat backs are shot, is there a reproduction that is near oem quality ?

They replaced door and rear panels with black ones with GC trim.    Is it a good idea change panel color to white using black core panels? or is that not good practice.

For the hinge covers, can I just blast and paint white ?

Is there a specific SEM paint code for 1970 white ?

spray can or use a gun?

lastly, do they offer a replacement ashtray or ashtray door for the console ?

thank you!

JS29

@Jocigar        Wrong console for a 1970. Is your car a gran coupe, as i see the wood grain inserts.

anlauto

Pretty sure he's working on a 71, so the console is fine....David at Roseville will have everything you need including the seat backs...Herb's paints makes the best white in my opinion... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jocigar

thanks I'll look at my other console and see if that one is correct.

Not GC, previous owners spray painted seats and seat backs black and changed out the door panels  :headbang:

Floyd

For the hinge covers, you can media blast (I'd recommend glass bead over crushed glass) and don't be too aggressive or you'll lose the grain.  You'll need to be careful with the buttons though.  Early ones were pot metal but the later ones were plastic.   Not sure if the buttons matched the interior color or were all black? 

mccannix

The door panels are from a true Gran Coupe as evident by the holes for nameplates, so if you decide to change
those to white you still have the Gran Coupe nameplate 3 hole area to deal with since you state your car is not a Gran Coupe. 

Jocigar

Thanks for the info, I guess i'll put the GC panels aside.   I have other good cuda panels also in black that I can use.

Would you paint white over black, or just buy everything in solid white from roseville?

Kick panels remain black as I recall even with white interior?

Alan, I'm jumping around this is for the 70, started digging threw and sorting the various stored parts.. its been a long time.

JS29

@Jocigar  I need the wood grain insert's for my 70 gran coupe. If you don't use them, I would be interested in purchasing them. Let me know, I am sure we can work something out.                                                                                                                          Mark.  :handshake:

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: JS29 on November 03, 2021, 08:15:14 AM
@Jocigar  I need the wood grain insert's for my 70 gran coupe. If you don't use them, I would be interested in purchasing them. Let me know, I am sure we can work something out.                                                                                                                          Mark.  :handshake:

Haha!   I was thinking the same thing reading through this! 

Center console on a 70 did not have the ashtray.  So we're back to "that's not the right console for a 1970"