Main Menu

Best repair compound for E-body dash pad?

Started by YYZ, August 19, 2023, 04:02:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

YYZ

Looking to repair some minor cracks in a dash pad (black).

What materials/whose kits seem to work the best for getting a good result and matching the grain?

Thanks in advance

moparroy

I used permatex vinyl repair i think I got at crappy Tire for a couple minor repairs.

It's not perfect but better than before. Don't be afraid to heat the dowel hot with a heat gun.

Interesting black color match not perfect. Over color with Sharpie pen helped some.

Experiment on scraps before you go at your good piece

RUNCHARGER

When I had my HemiCuda I bought a kit with the graining paper and all the rest of the stuff but I could never get it right. I hired a Fibrenew guy that did them for dealerships and it came out very well.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 19, 2023, 09:55:54 PM
When I had my HemiCuda I bought a kit with the graining paper and all the rest of the stuff but I could never get it right. I hired a Fibrenew guy that did them for dealerships and it came out very well.

I think everybody tried one of those kits back in the day...LOL :smile:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

Fibrenew appears to do good work, but they are beyond swamped, or at least the ones around here are.  At this point I'd rather take a swing myself, using good materials, and not have to wait/run around.