Main Menu

Legendary Auto interiors...

Started by anlauto, February 22, 2022, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on November 28, 2022, 01:50:33 PM
I don't mind the wait...it's the fact they take my money up front....they must be sitting on a million dollars worth of orders people are waiting for... :looney: not a great business model :bricks:

But people keep ordering and in doing so are rewarding what Legendary is doing.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

There's not a lot of other options, and they know that :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on November 28, 2022, 01:50:33 PM
I don't mind the wait...it's the fact they take my money up front....they must be sitting on a million dollars worth of orders people are waiting for... :looney: not a great business model :bricks:

What they are doing should be criminal,  but if it isn't it is still downright unethical.    Forcing people to pay the
entire value of the order and then wait 10+ months for it?   That is terrible business practice.    The wait is one
thing...  most folks can stomach the wait if they do it sensibly like take a deposit and then get the rest when the
order ships, but many don't want to tie up cash like that.    What if something happens to them?   Do all those
customers get their money back?   I'd be surprised if they did...

antonellomopar

Placed an order with them for some Cuda seat covers on february 13, with a expected waiting time of 252 days. So it should be ready by now. Wrong.
Nothigs from them yet, and no reply on expected delivery time. Money up front of course.

Duodec

So any recommendations for a high quality but not stupid expensive upholstery shop in the greater chicagoland area?  Bonus points for one that doesn't require entry into shitcago proper.

By not stupid expensive I don't mean cheap, just a place that does not consider everything it does as being another Hope diamond...

anlauto

Depending on what type of car you're working on, and what colour seats you have. PG Classics also carries a line of seat covers...I just bought a set of white Demon ones, still waiting to see what my upholstery guy thinks....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

69BFan

Just think of how much money could be generated off of the interest or smart investment of the money that they are taking in on each order.  This number could be actually more than the profit off of the given set of seat covers or door panels at the end of the day.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 69BFan on November 28, 2022, 06:16:54 PM
Just think of how much money could be generated off of the interest or smart investment of the money that they are taking in on each order.  This number could be actually more than the profit off of the given set of seat covers or door panels at the end of the day.

I don't think they force you to pay when you order...at least they didn't when I placed my order around 8 months ago. They only invoiced me for stuff when it shipped.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on November 29, 2022, 04:29:48 AM
Quote from: 69BFan on November 28, 2022, 06:16:54 PM

I don't think they force you to pay when you order...at least they didn't when I placed my order around 8 months ago. They only invoiced me for stuff when it shipped.

Maybe it's an International thing ?

Duodec

@anlauto please let us know what your upholstery guy thinks about the PG Classics upholstery.

anlauto

I should be seeing him soon, I don't know if he's installed them yet, but I do know this is not his first set, he bought a set for his own car. :dunno:

R/T's 4 R/P

If ever given an option, I would always select Legendary over PG.
PG seems to use cheaper materials.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on December 09, 2022, 05:00:35 AM
If ever given an option, I would always select Legendary over PG.
PG seems to use cheaper materials.
That is the understanding that PG uses crappy stuff, but they have been continually improving their quality over the years, whether it's starting to equal LAI is the question, but still falls back on = you get what you pay for  :alan2cents:

As for the "option"... it's always there....Legendary = 1 year wait times, expensive price, PG = on the shelf ready to ship, half the cost  :dunno:

anlauto

WOO HOO :banana: I was quoted the end of January 2023, but my seat covers I ordered March 24th 2022 just showed up... ::)

RUNCHARGER

I can't believe I'm saying this but that doesn't sound too bad....
Sheldon