Main Menu

Manual 4 speed carpet used in a automatic?

Started by MatchlessIndian, April 14, 2022, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MatchlessIndian

Hey guys, my wife's Challenger was getting converted from a automatic to 4 speed but she's now decided that she wants to save the cash we'd spend on the kit, the thing is we just bought the 4 speed custom molded carpet from Roseville instead of the automatic version. Do you think it's still useable in a automatic application? I mean I have seen where people have said they changed their car vise versa and did not mention a carpet change in the post. What's your thoughts. It's just a street cruising car...not really show.

anlauto

I would say you could "make it work" ...'specially if you're using an automatic console, you could slit the carpet down the center and take out any excess  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MatchlessIndian

Yep it's a automatic console. That is good to hear! I haven't taken the carpet out of the box yet and being I don't have a manual to compare with I wasn't sure. Trying to do two projects at once so the last thing I want to do is start throwing money in the wind. Lol

three two barrels

Rent or borrow a steamer, the steam will help the carpet relax and form to the auto trans tunnel.
I got a smoking deal on a four speed carpet from an upholstery shop and they let me use their steamer for the weekend, it is a lot of work but it can be done.

MatchlessIndian