Main Menu

Modern seats in E-Body

Started by ledphoot, April 20, 2018, 11:58:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

So I am looking at my Cuda and aside from the dash there is no interior in the car. I have none of the parts. I will likely get all the panels / headliner etc from year one. I am considering using the new Challenger seats in it. Anybody adapt them to their old e-body? I have seen a few at shows but never took a close look at the brackets. If you guys have any ideas I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

CudaMoparRay

Very good question!  :popcorn:

Brads70

From what I've read the new Challenger seats are too tall and would require sectioning the floor to fit. The measurement from the bottom of the steering wheel to the floor is pretty short on e bodies. I ended up at a wrecking yard  with a tape measure looking for nice seats that will hold you in place under hard cornering. I looked at various BMW, Mercedes, etc.... all have nice seats but too tall in the area's mentioned. I ended up with black leather seats out of a Hyundai Tiberon.  No electrical, and fairly light weight. Lots of manual adjustments not found in many other seats.

dodj

I used GS-1 sportsman seats from Jegs. They come with sliders and by using  1.5" spacers on one side, fit really well.
I'll try to find a pic of them installed in my car. 
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

moparcar

Quote from: ledphoot on April 20, 2018, 11:58:16 PM
So I am looking at my Cuda and aside from the dash there is no interior in the car. I have none of the parts. I will likely get all the panels / headliner etc from year one. I am considering using the new Challenger seats in it. Anybody adapt them to their old e-body? I have seen a few at shows but never took a close look at the brackets. If you guys have any ideas I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

I have a new set of SRT Challenger Seats (new never used from someone making a race car) for my 71 Challenger. Not sure if I'm going to use them due to the mods required. If you are tall (I'm 6'2") you will need to modify the seat pan and drop it especially on the driver's side near the door. They are not a bolt in. They are nice, but tall/high, good support, electric, heat and heavy. Quite heavy if that is a concern.

Wes

RUNCHARGER

There are better choices than Year One to buy your interior parts, they tend to really have bad shipping policies BTW.
Sheldon

HP2

Nice thing about a kit like the one from Jegs pictured above is everything is designed to work together already.

I snagged seats from a 2nd generation Supra for my car. Required a fair amount of fab work to the mounting system to allow them to bolt into the stock locations, but I like the multitude of adjustments they have.

1 Wild R/T

Year One sells Palco door panels.... Junk.... Get ahold of Dave at Roseville you want the Metro panels...

ledphoot

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 21, 2018, 09:15:52 AM
Year One sells Palco door panels.... Junk.... Get ahold of Dave at Roseville you want the Metro panels...

THANK YOU!!!!! Seriously, I hate buying stuff only to find out it is crap.

Chryco Psycho

Anything you are looking at purchasing for these cars Check with Dave @ Roseville first , he will get you the best quality parts & a discount through this site as well . @ledphoot

IRON MAN

Brads70: I like the Tiberon seats! Do you sit any taller in the saddle with them? The gauge pods look nice and tight.

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on April 22, 2018, 10:13:05 AM
Brads70: I like the Tiberon seats! Do you sit any taller in the saddle with them? The gauge pods look nice and tight.

Not sure... I think a little lower as you can tilt the bottom panel

IRON MAN

Thanks Brad, The reason I ask is I'm 6'4" with 37" sleeve length, and need to replace the LA-Z-BOY recliner seats in my 68 AMX...head hits the roof. There is a guy in Pennsylvania selling 3-4 different pairs of Tiburon seats on eBay. He will not ship. Some are leather. Plus, I need to see them in person. I am leaning towards Procar 80-1200-51 Elite Lumbar seats in leather from Summit.

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on April 22, 2018, 05:24:24 PM
Thanks Brad, The reason I ask is I'm 6'4" with 37" sleeve length, and need to replace the LA-Z-BOY recliner seats in my 68 AMX...head hits the roof. There is a guy in Pennsylvania selling 3-4 different pairs of Tiburon seats on eBay. He will not ship. Some are leather. Plus, I need to see them in person. I am leaning towards Procar 80-1200-51 Elite Lumbar seats in leather from Summit.

I lucked out and scored mine for $30 each, so I bought 4 in black leather. 2 I'm saving for a Javelin... I like the adjust ability of them , and no heavy power controls. I'm 6'1" and when I built the mounts I moved them back to give me more room.

That must be Alan in PA?  :rofl:

ledphoot

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 21, 2018, 09:15:52 AM

I canceled my order for the SRT 8 Leather seats and picked up a solid set of OEM seats to put new foam / covers on :) I guess the car is going to look fairly stock at first glance. I am cool with that.