Main Menu

Moving Vintage Air

Started by Swamp Donkey, February 22, 2022, 01:31:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

I'm looking to do what @anlauto did in the recent 71 challenger that he finished awhile ago.  Anyway I think I have it figured out from the picture, but if have any other tips that would be awesome. 

First picture is one I snagged off you build page.  2nd is about where I'm going to cut the bracket.  3rd picture is where I'm going to try and get everything tight up in there.  Also the one big foam insulated line doesn't get bent at all and will come out in the inner fender area right.  Thanks Alan!
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

After more fiddling around, I guess you probably cut and drilled new holes in this back bracket also eh.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

I just did this same modification to a 1971 Cuda. Here's pictures of the box, it's the same set up I put in the black Challenger...
NOW KEEP IN MIND....if you're running ALL four hoses in the fender well, the two AC hoses and the two heater hoses....then your set-up would be easier....just attach all four to the box according to the instructions....I needed to route the heater hoses up through the passenger side vent in order to keep them inside the cowl, like on the black car

The one small bracket by the hoses was modified the most...It was notched for the heater hose pipe, and cut and re-welded so it can mount to the top of the cowl....I just welded three studs to the firewall/cowl in the areas I needed them
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

Great.   Thanks.  It's making more sense now.  I also like the idea of welding studs on instead of drilling holes everywhere.  I'm going to run the coolant heating hoses in the cowl like you did.  No interference with the windshield wiper arms?
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

No issues in the cowl at all :twothumbsup:  I did have to make a little "room" for the VA water control valve, also in the cowl.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration