Main Menu

Need advice on reproduction interior panels. barracuda

Started by Mr Cuda, February 14, 2022, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FE5CUDA

Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2022, 09:56:50 AM
You clearly stated Erik's car has reproduction rear panels which it DOES NOT...that's not opinion, that's FACT. :drinkingbud:

Really?  So you "tried" to dye the rears with an aerosol can?  No way, the 20 shade difference from the front and rear panels was the best you could do? :crying:  A professional interior shop could have cocktailed a color to match the fronts with out spraying all the panels to match.  Damn boy, you have got to do better than that. :looney:

Mr Cuda

All we need now is eminem singing  "controversy" in the background.
Obviously you 2 have history.
Still, we have ways to get through this. Come on over.
Still no call back from just dashes,  metro on backorder.
Car not done, in fact just started assembling.
Building money pile, as this is going to get expensive,  even on the low option of metro at $1100, tax, shipping.  For plastic!  Expensive is relative,  not that $1100 is alot with the Biden economy, 

cuda hunter

I've had a couple sets of metro's and they are the best reproduction in my opinion.
However, that just dash's overlay is the best looking option for convertibles.
What I don't care for with the just dash's overlay is that the panels are a little thicker than original. No big deal really, just nit picky I guess. 
The palco's are kinda weird. 

Best option is to source a real set of originals for the rear.  They are out there, but they are expensive.
I've seen a few original sets in the 3K range that sold quick. A few sets in the 5-6K range. probably didn't sell.
I picked up a set of red verts last year that are just a little faded.  Out of Canada.  Man was that a tough time getting those box's from Canada to Colorado.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 22, 2022, 12:00:14 PM
If we were closer, I'd say bring your cars and we can drink this out.

OH Lord, please.  Can I please be there.  please please pretty please. 

:drinkingbud: :headbang: :deadhorse:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 23, 2022, 08:25:11 AM

Obviously you 2 have history.

Yes they do.  It's a great break from the monotony.  Enjoy it and play in a little.    :cheers: :ohyeah: :haha:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 23, 2022, 10:43:39 AM
I've had a couple sets of metro's and they are the best reproduction in my opinion.
However, that just dash's overlay is the best looking option for convertibles.
What I don't care for with the just dash's overlay is that the panels are a little thicker than original. No big deal really, just nit picky I guess. 
The palco's are kinda weird. 

Best option is to source a real set of originals for the rear.  They are out there, but they are expensive.
I've seen a few original sets in the 3K range that sold quick. A few sets in the 5-6K range. probably didn't sell.
I picked up a set of red verts last year that are just a little faded.  Out of Canada.  Man was that a tough time getting those box's from Canada to Colorado.

That's what I did for my project. I have my white originals, which are in fair shape and I bought 2 sets of black originals that are in pretty good shape. I was going to dye all 3 sets and pick the best right and left out of the bunch.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 23, 2022, 10:47:41 AM
Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 22, 2022, 12:00:14 PM
If we were closer, I'd say bring your cars and we can drink this out.

OH Lord, please.  Can I please be there.  please please pretty please. 

:drinkingbud: :headbang: :deadhorse:

Me too.   We could all meet in Medina!

Mr Cuda

You guys love your memes.
Cuda_mark. If you want to sell your extras, pm me. Looking for a set to get recovered.
Got a lead on a pair, don't want to send mine in as useable with speakers,  and I do plan on driving it.
So music would be good.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 23, 2022, 12:05:55 PM
Cuda_mark. If you want to sell your extras, pm me. Looking for a set to get recovered.

I'll let you know after I've picked the ones I use for my build. It will be a while...I don't expect to be at that point until sometime this summer.

bdschnei

Maybe this has something with your not hearing back from Just Dashes. I requested a quote online from them for restoring the door panels on my 74 Challenger. Even though they claim on their website to restore 1970 - 74 Challenger and Cuda door panels, I just received this response from them

"Thank you for contacting Just Dashes! Unfortunately, we do not have an appropriate application for a 1974 Dodge Challenger. Please contact us again if you would like help with another vehicle."

So guess that ain't going to happen....  :notsure:
Bret

cuda hunter

74 is the same as a 72 and 73.  Isn't it?
Did you try putting in different years of challengers? 

mk

I was on the classic industries site a few says ago and they have convertible rear panels listed as coming soon is several colors...... maybe worth looking into.

larry4406

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 02, 2022, 08:17:21 PM
74 is the same as a 72 and 73.  Isn't it?
Did you try putting in different years of challengers?

To my knowledge the 74 cuda rear panels are unique due to the 3-point safety belts that were a one year item.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/1974-plymouth-barracuda-rear-seat-belt-question/13964/

larry4406

Following along on this one.

My 71 barracuda vert has white interior and the rear panels were cut for speakers and they are heavily chalked.

30 years ago I bought a set of black vert panels from a gran coupe and they have the wood grain inserts.  So I had been planning on changing the interior to black.