Main Menu

light tube gaskets

Started by GoMangoBoys, February 16, 2021, 05:29:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I am working on putting our dash back together.  There are 3 light tubes for the turn signal indicators and the brake light.  Do those require gaskets at both ends? I am missing one gasket on the metal cluster housing. The other 2 are decent.  The ones that go on the plastic cover end are deteriorated and gone.  Who sells these?  Detroit Muscle does not carry them and I don't see them on the Roseville site either.

blown motor

I just put mine in. There were no gaskets on the plastic cover end. I could barely get the tubes turned in as it was, no way they would have gone in with a gasket behind them.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Skdmark

Classic Industries and a few other carry a small kit that has the light tube seals that go on the diecast housing.
It does not have the foam seals on the colored lens side of the light tubes nor does it have the felt anti-rattle washers for around the reset stems.

I asked DMT about a kit and they said if someone else makes it they won't as there is not enough of a market.
PCG use to sell the felt anti-rattle washers.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/plymouth/all-models/parts/me862001.html
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

jlemler

I recall on mine I had a hard time keeping the tubes in place while placing the lens on.  the tubes would twist in an odd way.  The would never completely tighten in place.  I took some spray adhesive, the type used to hold sandpaper on an orbital sander.  I sprayed the ends lightly twist them in place.  They stayed long enough for me to get the lens in place.