Main Menu

Painting door panels

Started by RJChallenger, July 15, 2018, 05:03:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

I have some 70 door panels that are burnt orange, they need to be redied or painted.What is he closest match  burnt orange paint to buy. Thanks.

750-h2

If your looking for spray bombs you can try Herb's Mopar interior paints . He sells the dye paints in all Mopar vintage colours. I have tried Herb's paint dyes and have mixed feelings. While the paint quality is good on large panels the spray bombs tend to spit paint. On my F8 panels Herb's paint was about two shades light. I ended up buying my interior dye from Dave at Performance Car Graphics. Their paint is more expensive and only sold in pints or quarts but the colour match is dead on and the Dupont product is very high quality.   

YYZ

I highly recommend the products from SEM, and your local auto body supply should be able to hook you up.

The dye can be custom tinted, and it's part of a system including panel prep, flex agent etc. that will help to give you good looking, long lasting results.  Plus no border hassles.

BIGSHCLUNK

I've used SEM on my last Pontiac and it worked out very well. Color was very very close too.