Main Menu

PUI vs Legendary Interiors

Started by 71vert340, May 15, 2019, 04:37:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

I see where Parts Unlimited Inc. (PUI) is advertising their interiors are Made in USA. Several years ago, I bought a top boot cover for my 71 and was disappointed in the quality and sent it back. In the last few years, PUI, First Place Auto Products (FPAP), Right Stuff (brake lines, etc.) and a Mustang interiors company were all bought out by Trim Parts Holdings ( carpets, etc.). I checked the comments on a Chevelle site and Mustang site and the preferences between PUI and Legendary interiors is split evenly. Some people posted problems with both companies. Anyone here tried the PUI products recently? If so, thoughts on quality? I contacted by email PUI and asked if their products are the same grain, etc. as the originals and received a YES in capital letters. Pictures on the other sites I checked show the seat covers,look good but I'm skeptical as their prices are up to 40% less than Legendary. I'm looking at an interior for my 74 Charger which will be a driver, not show. I figure if their E-body covers are good, then it probably carries over into the 74 Chargers. Not a whole lot of people restoring that year yet. Thanks.
Terry

RUNCHARGER

I sell all 3 at work (Distinctive is in it as well although not for Mopars). PUI is still on the bottom of the list.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

I haven't used PUI.   Based on what I read in a bunch of other posts, I went with Legendary.   I'm happy with what they sent me.   They were also very easy to deal with when I switched to leather front covers after receiving the vinyls front covers I'd originally ordered.   I ended up talking with the same guy who did the narration on their installation guides on YouTube. 

Chryco Psycho

I have only used Legendary , consistantly good products

ledphoot

I ordered from Legendary about two months ago and still haven't seen the product.... Seems to be the case with a lot of the stuff I purchase for this project. At any rate, I did a LOT of research on the interior and the consensus seems to be that Legendary is the best provider for E-Body's...

dave73

I ordered my legendary through Dave at Roseville. Good pricing, better than what legendary advertises. And the quality is top notch. Spend a few extra dollars, it's worth it for such an impactful area...

anlauto

Like we said in the ECS trunk mat thread....There are different levels of quality at different price points. You have to decide what matters most to you.
A nice quality part or saving a few bucks. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration