Main Menu

quarter window sits too low…

Started by Jsand73440, September 30, 2023, 01:10:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jsand73440

I have the window stops pulled trying to get the window to go up higher. Isn't it supposed to match the top of the door window?

Chryco Psycho

Yes it should , hard to say what the issue si but possibly wrong year mechanism or not mounted correctly

Jsand73440

The window crank literally is done at that point. Nothing is holding it back.  Dang... not sure what i can do to get the window higher.   :thinking:

anlauto

Have you loosened the main up-stop that's in the middle of the track at the top ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jsand73440

Yes, i took it out hoping it would make a difference.

71GranCoupe

Is it the original regulator?  If so, when did it start not rolling up completely. Are you able to see any part numbers on the unit. Something has changed if this regulator is original. One thing that many have seen is when a window doesn't roll all the way up is the gears are stripped and the full extension point. It will take some more investigation to figure out what has caused the change. Any chance the regulator has been changed?

Jsand73440

Same Regulator. However, now that you mentioned the gears possibly being stripped, it sounds like maybe it is skipping a tooth or two as it gets close to the top.

71GranCoupe

That may be your problem. If you take the inner plastic panel off, you can use a mirror to inspect the teeth if not easily visible. I am sure there a few members who might have one for you. I looked and I don't have one anymore. If you have a tig or wire feed welder, you can build up the teeth while you locate another good regulator. It will take a little filing with a Dremel or similar to get the teeth contoured to fit the crank. Keep us informed on how this goes. Good Luck.