Main Menu

Rallye Dash Differences

Started by 71383bee, September 20, 2017, 03:11:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cataclysm80

I don't have my notes handy, but there are also differences in the switch panel.
variable speed wiper switch vs. 3 speed wiper switch
Headlight switch white dot or not
Defog switch blue dot / red dot / no dot ?
Wiper knob blue arrow or not
Dimmer knob yellow arrow or not
International pictograms for lights & washers in case you can't read the English labels.  I think that's on 1973 & 1974

I seem to remember something about the woodgrain color/pattern changing at some point.  Kashmir wood vs American Walnut.

Also there's an unsolved mystery about where the tach redline should be located.

71383bee

Wow guys!  Thanks for the welcome and the wealth of info!  That answers a lot of questions.  I'm looking at an a66 car right now and thought the rallye dash was a bit odd as I didn't see N85 coded on the FT. 

My background is Heavily into 71-72 B bodies so ita bit of a learning curve here to jump to an E body. 

Does the rallye cluster require a different wiring harness like the 71-74 B bodies? 

Thanks
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Burdar

QuoteInternational pictograms for lights & washers in case you can't read the English labels.  I think that's on 1973 & 1974

They were added part way through the 73 model year.  My October built car didn't have them.

@nsmall you can re-texture your radio bezel with "wrinkle" paint.  I used VHT wrinkle paint on mine.  There are other brands.  Read the directions on the can.  You have to spray multiple heavy coats at different angles.  If you just let it sit, it will take awhile before it starts to wrinkle.  You can accelerate the wrinkling process by putting the part out in the sun or using a hair dryer/heat gun.

Cuda Cody

Yes, it is a slightly different wiring harness.

Quote from: 71383bee on September 21, 2017, 09:46:33 AM

Does the rallye cluster require a different wiring harness like the 71-74 B bodies? 

Thanks

rebelyell

Have to add a wire for the tach and oil pressure (if electric sending unit), right? Maybe another wire for the 4 bulb light bar.